2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Loud3's 2014 Build

38K views 141 replies 34 participants last post by  mONY718 
#1 ·
It's been almost a year now (April 12th, 2014 was pickup date) for my 2014 Mazda 3 Touring.

I guess it's time to do a build thread.

Snowflake white pearl mica. Favorite color out of the current 3rd gen lineup.

Got it on lease (plan to either transfer equipment to a newer model at the end of lease, or buy at the end of the lease) and haven't looked back.

First picture I ever took of her.

I had a small list of things to accomplish as soon as possible - first was tint. Living in sunny - Clearwater, FL - means that's a requirement. I didn't want the dealer to just install any old tint. I wanted ceramic, and prefer Llumar, so I went in search of a shop that could/would!

25% Llumar ceramic tint all around. Very happy with how it turned out. Much happier with the heat reduction inside.

Continued using the car as a stock daily driver, but at 4000 miles - the infotainment center failed. Completely.

Mazda of Clearwater made it right - replacing the affected parts and getting the car back to me in a day.

Not too long after that, a little old lady backed into my car while in a parking lot in a mall in Tampa FL. I was lucky, and as she drove away, someone jotted down her tag number and left it on my car. She fought like hell, said it wasn't her (despite camera evidence provided by the mall, and witness statements) and eventually her insurance repaired the damage to my bumper.

After the repair, I decided it was time to have some fun with the car. I had made it to 10K miles - which was the milestone I set for myself.

Ordered a set of 19 inch Volk Racing G25 wheels, and wrapped them in 235/35/19 Yokohama Advan Sport tires.

And shortly afterwards - the better half decided that my anniversary present would be some BC Racing type BR coilovers done by Advance Performance in Tampa. The original front suspension was warrantied out, and the second setup has proved perfect since.

Rear fenders were rolled and flared a bit (unintentionally, but thats what happens with these new cars and the super thin metal) - and I'm still in the process of dialing in the suspension.

Leaving me where I am at now. Stage one - Complete.

Stage two - AutoExe grill, Intake/Exhaust/Tune, Odula carbon front lip - Coming soon!

See less See more
#2 ·
O yea getting some more Gen3 build threads. Sub'ed.

#3 ·
Freaking fantastic.
Curious, ever considered the OEM Aero kit?
It looks fantastic on white, and since you're on coils....
One step closer to this sexy monster

Attachments

#14 ·
Little tightness in the lower back, but I honestly don't know.

Adrenaline still pumping and such.

The biggest concern for me was the child in the passenger seat of the truck that hit me.

#19 ·
Safe to say that I am not a happy camper.

I just got off the phone with my insurance company to find a local place that's quick and easy and accepts my insurance. My primary care physician is fully booked for the week, and I learned a long time ago to never sit on it.

#22 ·
Dude, I'm sorry. Was reading through the thread and literally gasped when I saw the accident. And then I saw it was today and it sucked even more.

I know the pain, I got hit three times in a year two years ago.

I'll be in Largo tomorrow evening if you need any help with anything.

#37 ·
UPDATE:

Other drivers insurance officially accepted responsibility.
Rental reimbursement starts effective tomorrow.
Car will be inspected by an adjuster early next week.
Driver carried a $25,000 limit on property damage.

More updates after the inspection.

#39 ·
Happy to hear fault has been determined. That accident I mentioned took almost six months to determine fault since there were 4 vehicles involved.

I got hit, pushed into a car in front of me, and then we all got pushed by the original car into a truck.

#40 ·
Glad you're OK and insurance is moving along.

Our 6 got totaled the same way 2 years ago on the very day that we found our house. Turned out that the other driver had lapsed insurance despite a current card so we had to use our uninsured coverage which meant going without a car or rental while the sale was pending.

We bought a mazda5 the day we closed on the house.

#41 ·

Tomorrow, the car will be gone over with a fine tooth comb (i hope!) at my bodyshop of choice (Superior Auto Body if you're in the Tampa, Clearwater, St.Pete area...)

With any luck, good news will come!

#42 ·
Glad to hear and see that things continue to move forward and that your ride is being tended to properly. Also pleased to hear that you have a modicum of control over (or at least a voice in) how things proceed. Very encouraging.

#44 ·
Here's to hoping there's no significant frame damage :beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.