post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
red robbo
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Auto-dimming mirror.

I would like to retro fit an auto-dimming mirror from a MKII (BL) MPS 3, to my MKI (BK) MPS 3.
Having auto lights and wipers, has narrowed my search to a OEM MKII Mazda 3 mirror, as it has the "wings" on the mirror arm to attach the windscreen mounted sensor cowling. So far, so good. I've not purchased the mirror yet, as it only comes supplied with a short length of wiring, thus I need to know which colour wire is to go to a positive feed from the mirror harness, and which colour wire goes to ground.
Anyone able to supply a link (or knowledge) to the auto-dimming wiring for a 2010 MPS 3 (Mazdaspeed3) mirror?
Actually, I'd of thought that ANY 3 with an auto-dimming mirror would provide a wiring schematic.
Thanks guys, for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
red robbo
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Talking

A cheeky bump to the top for my own post. Any one able to tell me which colour wire is positive, and which colour wire is negative in a 2010 Mazda 3 auto-dimming mirror harness? The UK version of a Mazda 3 MPS was never offered with an auto-dimming mirror, so unfortunately, there isn't a harness tucked away ready for plug and play. I'll have to wire it myself. Easy enough to do, if only I could find which is 12v positive and which wire is negative. I could of course buy a complete kit and mirror brand new, but I'm as tight as a gnats chuff, so a second-hand one from the scrap yard is the order of the day. I'm not fussed about wiring up the reverse gear aspect of it. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
autodimming , mirror

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode