Push-button start accessory position? - 2004 to 2014 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
Mazda3Revolution.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fennec is on a distinguished road
Default Push-button start accessory position?

This might be a small question, but I have poured over my manual and searched the forums and read through several unrelated threads hoping to find an answer.

I recently purchased a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 with tech package in Velocity Red. I love the proximity key and the push button start. However, sometimes a good song is on and I want to shut the engine off but finish listening to it. However, turning the engine off automatically turns the radio off, also, then takes several seconds to turn back on in accessory mode.

Turning the engine off with the push-button start gives you two default options... press once to shut everything off, or otherwise, press once to switch to ACC and again to turn the engine off. I do want to leave it set to ON->OFF. What I'm trying to find out is if there's any way to leave it as is and still switch the car directly from ON to ACC so that the engine turns off but the radio/electronics remain on.

Does anyone know if the ON->OFF sequence has an override to go from ON->ACC? Or is changing the default shutoff sequence the only way?

Thank you for reading and for any help you may provide.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Points: 7,014, Level: 55 Points: 7,014, Level: 55 Points: 7,014, Level: 55
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Creatve will become famous soon enough

Yea unfortunately its either on/off or on/acc/off which can only be set at the dealer in your personalization options. Its the only way to have the radio to stay on, well at least on the 2010's. I have mine set as on/acc/off and sometimes you do forget to push the button twice to turn off everything but the car will beep to remind you when you shut the door.
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - K&N SRI, Upgraded Horns, DDM 5k 55watt HID, DDM Yellow Fog Bulbs, Black Painted Calipers w/White Mazdaspeed Decal, 35/20% Tint, Tein SS Coilovers w/EDFC, KSport Rear Camber/Toe Kit, Fumoto Valve, CS Interior LEDs, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, SU RMM, CP-E Front Relocation License Plate, OZ Racing Ultralegerras w/Continental ExtremeContact DW, Project Kics R40 Revo Lug Nuts
1999 2dr Ford Explorer - E46 D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors, KKM Intake
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hothgan is on a distinguished road

Pull the auto shift knob right then press the power button. This will take you from on to the auxillary mode without cutting off the song/music.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
acc, accessory, position, pushbutton, start, stereo