2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Question about Cobb AP Stage 2

12K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  Frnchplayr15 
#1 ·
So I have all the mods need for a full stage 2 map except the high flow cat, stupid CA doesn't allow them. I was curious if anyone knows if its still safe to run a Stage2+Intake+TIH+IC map?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Yup I'm running catless on stage 2 even though they don't recommend it but I do t have any boost spikes or anything. Do you an afternarket CBE?

#4 ·
Do you run into any problems when its time to smog the car or do you swap back to stock? I'm just a lil weary about swapping the cat or anything after it, because they caught all that on a Mustang I had before the Speed 3.

For the time being though any idea if the stock downpipe and cat are safe with stage 2?

#10 ·
I just double checked the Cobb OTS descriptions and stand corrected:

Stage2+Supported Intake+TIH+IC 91 OCT or 95 RON v231
o Fuel Requirements: 91 or 92 OCT or 95 RON fuel
o Exhaust Requirements: A Catted Turbo-Back Exhaust System or Catted Test Pipe
o Intake Requirements: A Supported Intake System, Turbo Inlet Hose, and Upgraded Intercooler o Boost Targets: 18.5psi peak tapering down to 17.5psi by redline +/- 1.5psi

https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbt...peed3/Map_Notes/v231/MAZ3_BASE_07_12 v231.pdf

Doesn't seem to mention needing an upgraded Downpipe.

#11 ·
Well it does say turbo-back but I'm sure he's fine. That's only meant foe the precaution of boost spikes

#24 ·
Well guys here in Puerto Rico we smog cars ever year, for the exception of new cars that have to wait 2 years.
people smoging cars under the table is something you see down here, people run catless and cops don't bother as long as noise isn't loud.

#25 ·
Hi I am a little confused.

Stage 2 says that it can be run with catted dp or catted test pipe. I don't want to replace the downpipe but want to replace the testpipe for a catless testpipe and run stage 2.

Is that ok to run stage 2 with only catless test pipe and stock dp?
Or better have a custom tune with my mods ? Any good place to tune the car with ap.?

I will have my fp internal before I do any other mods.

Mods cpe nano and tih, afterm catback, cobb stage 1 cpn tih 93.

Thank you.

#26 ·
Well first of all testpipe/racepie already delete the second cat so your already gonna run catless.

You can run stage 2 with racepipe as it is not measured on the second O2 sensor so you will be fine. Go get tuned by a tuner I suggest richtune or freektune or even stratified. Go on MSF and find your local tuner. Before you do anything make sure that HPFP is in though

Reactions: migueleitor
#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.