ADVICE NEEDED ON UK SPEC MAZDA 3 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
STEPHN
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

ADVICE NEEDED ON UK SPEC MAZDA 3

Hello I'm new on this forum and would like your advice.

So I have a Toyota avensis 2003 1.8 petrol it has been faultless for the last 7yrs but I am looking to down size slightly but nothing in the Toyota range interests me but want something of similar reputation and reliability this would be the family car so the Mazda 3 generation 2 got my attention it ticks most the boxed on my list but the engines on offer maybe an issue, for my price range I'm looking at a 2012/13 Mazda 3 in tamura or venture trim, the 1.6petrol engine seems the right way to go but I am concerned it will be underpowered as a lot of report suggest I'm not looking for blistering performance but don't want every overtaking move I make to become 2 gear change floor it and hope process , the 1.6 diesel (euro5 spec introduced around 2011 I think) seems on paper performance and economy wise to be perfect but I am concerned about the usual egr and dpf issues related to modern diesels so really would like peoples advice on both engines please, the 2.2 diesel doesn't interest me. I was in the motor trader with Toyota and Vauxhall for 18yrs in total before starting a new career a few yrs ago so feel free to talk technical jargon.
A little info of driving habits to help build a picture, my partner would drive it the most,5 days a week it will basically do about 1 mile to work and that's with a stop in the middle at the school and 1 mile home with a stop in the afternoon with the odd 3 or 4 mile run to shop or local town and about 3 or 4 medium runs (10 plus miles)over a 1 month period which amounts to about 8-10,000 miles a year, can you see my concerns, now I work 30 miles away and have my own cheap run about for this but i could take the mazda to work a few times a month but I don't really want to buy a car and have to steel it every other week to drive to work. Can I just state I have not even looked or test driven a mazda 3 yet as there is none anywhere within a 30 mile distance to even look at.
Your advice would be great

regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 05:10 PM
frason
Points: 2,036, Level: 27 Points: 2,036, Level: 27 Points: 2,036, Level: 27
Activity: 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What's wrong with the thread you already created?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advice , mazda , needed , spec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode