Amp/Sub install with factory radio and LOC - Page 3 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 PM
CAJUIN
Points: 2,753, Level: 32 Points: 2,753, Level: 32 Points: 2,753, Level: 32
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey has anyone had problems with the speed sensor cutting down the bass?or making things sound weird?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 PM
xcolomstylex
Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22

hey im a installer at best buy and i found it they easiest to run the wires through the passenger side there's this plastic piece that comes out and with a uni-bit to can make a hole right in the middle and then run the wire through there easy i didnt have to lift the car at all u did way to much work for a easy job and u need to clean up those wires a little broo lol just saying i can take pics later if anyone wants too see the easy way and clean way
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 11:01 PM
xcolomstylex
Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22 Points: 1,501, Level: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomposso View Post
I tapped into what i believe is the air bag sensors under the seats for the remote . It made it easy to add a rocker switch right under the seat (easy reach + hidden) so i can turn the subs when my gf gets a headache.
wow ur crazy broo u never mess with any thing that has to do with the air bags they get set off really easy if u mess with one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
spoof3r
Points: 4,079, Level: 40 Points: 4,079, Level: 40 Points: 4,079, Level: 40
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

How do the subs sound with the stock HU? Does it still sound pretty good even though there is no way to adjust the Subw level like you can in most aftermarket units?

I'm contemplating doing this myself. Thanks!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
PGT_cruzer
Points: 2,541, Level: 30 Points: 2,541, Level: 30 Points: 2,541, Level: 30

running larger wire

This is a great write up. I just wanted to add info for anyone looking to add a larger gauge wire for their install.

I recently installed a 1/0 AWG wire for my amp using the main harness grommet located behind the wiper motor. It only requires the removal of 3 push pins, 2 nuts on the wiper arms, and the 3 bolts holding the motor in place. The motor then carefully slides out pulling it to the driver side fender. Behind you will find approximately a 4 inch grommet that the main harness travels through.

I was able to easily remove it toward the engine compartment. Cut a hole with a razor blade next to the bundle of wires and slide my power wire through. I then put some epoxy around it to make sure it sealed completely then pushed the grommet back into place.

Hope this helps anyone looking to run wires through the fire wall without cutting metal or using the steering column.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 AM
jjac28
Points: 1,973, Level: 26 Points: 1,973, Level: 26 Points: 1,973, Level: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcolomstylex View Post
hey im a installer at best buy and i found it they easiest to run the wires through the passenger side there's this plastic piece that comes out and with a uni-bit to can make a hole right in the middle and then run the wire through there easy i didnt have to lift the car at all u did way to much work for a easy job and u need to clean up those wires a little broo lol just saying i can take pics later if anyone wants too see the easy way and clean way

xcolomstylex, can you provide more instructions about this ? a picture would be great!

2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv 6-sp Hatch
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 06:34 PM
CodeGreen
Ex-Honda Owner
Points: 2,934, Level: 33 Points: 2,934, Level: 33 Points: 2,934, Level: 33

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
Thanks for the pics, just ran my power line today. There's also another firewall pass though on the drivers side, kind of behind the strut mount and battery. I used 8 awg, but you should be able to use 4 awg as long as you have not run anything else there yet. I had run the car alarm cables there already, so had to use the 8 awg.

cheers

Do you have more details on this naz? I dont see it.

Im actually having a hard time finding any holes to put the wire through. Unless Im looking at the wrong spot, I have a 2013 i touring hatch, and where the steering column comes out underneath, there is a plastic cover(not rubber..) doesnt seem like it would be a good idea to mess with it.

'13 i Touring Manual Hatch Graphite
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Low Beam 5K HIDs TRS, Fog 5k HIDs DDM, 25% Tint All-round, OEM Cargo Tray, Kurgo Dog seat cover & barrier, LED internal lights, footwells & license plate, OEM LED side mirrors w/ added arrows, Mudflaps, Shark Antenna, PIAA Reverse Lights, Smoke 16LED Reflectors, 4th LED Brake-light, VLED Triton Switchbacks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, LED Hatch & Alpine Subwoofers

ToDo: Rims

Last edited by CodeGreen; 11-29-2013 at 07:38 PM.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 02:07 PM
itsturbooo
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjac28 View Post
xcolomstylex, can you provide more instructions about this ? a picture would be great!
x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amp , amp or sub , factory , install , loc , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode