2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2014 Mazdaspeed3?

35K views 52 replies 26 participants last post by  JRT2028 
#1 ·
Ever since a conversation I had with my DSM about the time that the 2014 Mazda6 came out, I basically found out that there will NOT be a 2014 Speed3. Well, I've heard otherwise today.

A sales training representative came in today to do classes with our sales department and introduced the 2014 Mazda3 hatchback. She mentioned that there were plans in the works for a new Speed3, but I didn't get details. I'm not sure of the likelihood and I can't find any information outside of a few fanboi renders, but it definitely sparked my interest.

Lets discuss.

#34 · (Edited)
I was at the dealer the other day and was talking to the sales manager. He said that he has five MS3's stashed and will jump the price to over list price if the 2014 in fact turns out to be n/a. He said he's getting all kinds on negative feedback about Mazda possibly castrating the MS3. He said he'll know what Mazda will do in the next few weeks. Sales are slow in florida during the summer so he's in no hurry to sell the Mazdaspeeds he has now for cheap if he can get a lot more for them in a few weeks.

Reactions: Funkydslr
#35 ·
that's just dealership talk. trying to sell the speed3 asap. he tells a guy, well, the speed3 is cheap now but will go up in price once the new model comes out cause it will be n/a. it's like any salesperson really, say what you think the customer wants to hear.

#45 ·
I know I am late to the party, however has anyone else thought of Mazda replacing regular chrome with black chrome? I am more thinking of the red color mazda 3/new speed three. I personally think regular chrome looks tacky and cheap on any car, however I think the black chrome may be a game changer to any current chrome and might look pretty good, although without seeing a final product i could be wrong?

#47 · (Edited)
I would love to see a supercharger, I have one on my 96 gti (aftermarket) I just hope its a decent price I can afford, similar to the price of the current speed3 less would be better but it is what it is

#50 ·
I hope it gets AWD. It doesn't really matter to me if it is a Mazdaspeed3 or 6 as long as it has AWD. I hope it doesn't come soon though, I wanna keep my Mazdspeed3 for a few more years LOL.

#51 ·
awd would take the price above $30k for sure. I mean, the new mazda3 starts at $19k and gets as high as 30k depending on all the extra crap you get. I bought a mazda3 S-touring for $19k otd back in 2008. now, the same car starts at $24.6k. I bought a speed3 for under that otd.

I bet the next speed3, whenever it comes out, will start in the low 30k and go up from there. mazda prices have gone way up with the next gen cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.