2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Turbo on 2.0L Sedan

Tags
20l sedan turbo
91K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  JoeMini 
#1 ·
Can Turbo kit be installed into a Mazda 3 ISV 2011 2.0L engine? *It's an automatic transmission:mellow 1:

#42 ·
#54 ·
Because ... my bad ... i figured there we still some 2.0L in 3's being tuned out there.
There are many in the MX5 NC performance forum i follow to see there hic ups and gains
and learn from that since its the same engine ....

#55 ·
@arathol is always correct . My last tune and last dyno torque peaked at 6K and dropped slightly all the way to redline
Although ...HP kept increasing all the way to redline

#56 ·
Wasn't you. You just replied to a post from yesterday morning.

I'm sure many people still run Gen 2 MZR (ecoboost for Ford?) engines.

Lots of parts out there for them. The DISI engine seems like a better performance candidate IMO.. once you replace the fuel internals and turbo on it. Saw a Gen 1 speed hatch at the dealership yesterday. Looked really good.

I think the MZR engines may be a bit more reliable than the DISI engines? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
CK

#57 ·
I think as OEM engines the 2.3L have had more issues but i think if proper interval maintenance and being proactive about
certain sensors and components like PVC values, injectors, and timing chain getting loose (happened in my 2,0L ) then they can
go 200k mileage with no issues. The oem internal components can only take so much and wear designed for a certain HP and then you boost close to its limit
things start to let go. Rebuilding internals puts the wearability in a different league.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.