2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Anyone have passenger seat wiring diagrams?

46K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Runoak6 
#1 ·
Not sure which section to ask this question in....

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows what each wire in the connector under the passenger seat is?

I know they are airbag, seatbelt sensor, airbag sensor, but I don't know which is which. Pretty sure the airbag wires are on a yellow plug.

I am swapping my seats for some 09 Speed3 Alcantara seats and have talked to someone who has done the swap and the passenger side is the only problem.

I would like to find out how I can re-pin or reconnect wires to keep everything working over on that side.

I can use a resistor to keep the airbag system working minus the passenger seat airbag while I figure it all out, but a wiring diagram would really help.:blush 1:

#6 · (Edited)
GunMetal, THANKS so much!

Definitely helping.

Here are some detailed pics. I know the yellow socket is the actual airbag. I am guessing the other two are the seatbelt pretensioner and the seat occupant weight sensor.

Only one plug in my base model 2010 3 (no power seats).

Here are the wires:

Here is the connector on the seat itself:

Ok. Airbag is the yellow part. Positive and Negative. Green and Sky Blue are the passenger pretensioner according to your first pic.

But looking at my seat connector, I only have 6 wires on the seat side. 2 in the yellow airbag, then each grey plug. One has black and grey wires and the other has purple and looks like blue but hidden on my pic above.

#11 ·
Gonna try again this afternoon.

The Speed seats only use 6 of the wires in that harness just like my 2010 seat, so I will stop by Frys and get a pin extraction tool and hope to be able to match up the 6 wires and plug the Speed seat right in.

....the saga continues.....

#12 · (Edited)
This little impulse buy of mine is not going so easily!:argh 1:

So I got the seats home this afternoon. Not in the car, but a lot learned.

They were in a Honda Prelude track car! (GAFFFF!) So someone previously welded on some tabs to the front "feet" mounts. No problem on the passenger side, as Mazda bolts the "feet" on, (just swapped them with my 2010 feet) .....but not the drivers side (Thanks Mazda!), so that will require a trip to a local welder to have the tabs removed from the drivers seat.

Next, the passenger seat has no wiring at all. The sensor is still there, appears to be the same one used in our newer 3's, but I will have to rewire all 6 wires underneath it. Same with the drivers seat, wires are cut, but it uses less than the passenger side.

Here is a quick pic for those interested in the difference looking at the base 2010 seat and the 2009 Speed Grand Touring seat. They feel great and are very comfortable, but this is going to take a lot of wiring to get them properly installed.

I pulled the Speed seat out and have my 2010 seats back in until I can do some more research.

This is what I have to work with....

This is what it needs to look like....

#14 ·
This weekend, depending on the weather, Ill pull my 2010 passenger seat to start transferring what harnesses I can to the Speed seat along with the main plug and the seat belt receiver.

The only wires that need to be corrected will be the two airbag wires that need to be returned to the main plug.

Just for reference, the lower frames are not switchable, that would have been to easy!

I've also located some matching rear seats to play with.

#15 ·
Keep us posted, I like reading your progress!

#16 ·
Still trying to figure these seats out.

Took me all afternoon to get them in and I still have the airbag light. :argh 1:

I have a few more ideas to try and will run some resistors in the meantime to keep the light off and the rest of the airbags working.

Driver side took some work with a cutting wheel cause it had some welded on front feet that needed to be removed.

They still need detailing, but they sure feel great! Huge difference from the stock seats and to me the Alcantara is better than the cloth on the 2010 Speed seats. It is the main reason I had to get these.

The matching rear set should be here in another week or so. If they are not too much work to swap. I will be a happy camper.

#17 ·
Sorry for bumping a 2 year old thread, but I am in a pickle myself. I installed some Evo 8 Recaro's in my 2012 speed 3 and I was able to.resolve the issue with the seats air bags, but am having some trouble with the passenger seat occupancy sensors. I would like to bypass them some how, but so far have not been able to find out how to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#18 ·
Sorry to spark an old thread but looking for srs wiring info for a Mazda 3 2014 that`s had a 2016 dash & harness replaced leaving me needing to re pin 1 of the plugs at the module problem being it has 2 red and 2 brown wires etc so need to see where these are going to

or unless someone knows the name of the wiring diagram program

Regards

Mark

#20 ·
sorry to bring up a old post

but i and in the same boat as this post..i changed out my seats with seats from a 2004 mazda 3 i didnt realize about the air bags..not i have the light on in my dash...i know i can use the resistor but i dont know exactally what one i need ...i see some people say 2.8 ohms but do i have to just put it on the airbag plug (Yellow and brown wire) or is there more to do...also do i need to do that for the driver side to...also when i do start the car i do get the passenger side aribag off light come on in the middle console and then it goes out ..so does that mean that the airbag on the passenger side will function...thats all i worry about i can live with the light on

thankyou

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.