Cracked Passenger Dash and Known TSB 09-038/12 - Page 2 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM
derekivey
Points: 8,997, Level: 63 Points: 8,997, Level: 63 Points: 8,997, Level: 63
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wow that does look awful. I have not seen that on my 2012 yet.

2012 Mazda 3 i GT Hatch w/ tech package - Sky Blue
Mods: WeatherTech Floor Mats | OEM Fog Lights | TRS Morimoto Elite 3Five 4300K Fogs | OEM Zoom Zoom License Plate Frame | OEM Sunshade | 35% Front / 20% Rear Tint | CorkSport LED Kit | OEM LED Tail Lights | Turn Signal Side Mirrors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 06:24 PM
anto
Points: 5,826, Level: 49 Points: 5,826, Level: 49 Points: 5,826, Level: 49

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Looks pretty bad. I always use a sunshade, protects everything on the inside from UV rays. I also wipe the dash down with some Optimum Protectant Plus every few weeks.

Hope your problem gets fixed!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Vegaspilot
Points: 3,513, Level: 37 Points: 3,513, Level: 37 Points: 3,513, Level: 37

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That TSB is referring to something different I believe. I have a dealer loaner 2012 M3 hatch while my 2010 is being worked on (38k and apparently all the underside bushings are shot...and the driver seat track is being replaced) and the '12 loaner has the "S" shape line in the passenger side dash. But it's faint and not always noticeable. My 2010 does not show the S line. The line itself doesn't affect anything. Your cracks are something totally different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Ventur@
Points: 3,968, Level: 40 Points: 3,968, Level: 40 Points: 3,968, Level: 40

Ah hell...my dash is melting! Any progress on the class action lawsuit? There must be other melted dashes by now. My car was in an under ground parking garage during the Texas summer heat, so it's just now melting on mine.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:36 PM
stevar
Points: 10,020, Level: 66 Points: 10,020, Level: 66 Points: 10,020, Level: 66

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'd have an immidiate concern with toxic chemicals being released in the air cabin. Especially with the AC running which most people use the recirculation option. Especially concerned for famillies with newborns and children. If it's melting a gas vapour is being emitted in the air.

..and then Ahura created the Mazda 3 in 3 days and 3 nights.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:51 PM
pinkhamglo
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Yes , Mines is cracked around the air bag. 2010Mazda6. My emai is pinkhamglo@gmailcom....... put cracked dash Mazda6 in subject line (so I don't ignore) thank you!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM
kms1990
Demon Spawn
Points: 4,921, Level: 44 Points: 4,921, Level: 44 Points: 4,921, Level: 44
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Garage
Think about this for a moment people in 2010 mazda made 1,307,540 total production vehicles, now this forum is the only of the several mazda 3 forums I am on that has anyone complaining about the dash cracking or melting (which is really common on 08-12 altimas, they even have a tsb and extended warranty for this and transmission issues with the 2.5L engine, so I steered clear) Most of them have a thread as this one does on the part of the dash above the info and radio screens popping up and not reattaching as my 2011 has done, though I would never have seen it had I not seen that thread and gone and looked very very closely at it. melting dashes could have been a bad run of dashboards by the dashboard supplier, a bad run of plastics or that rubbery stuff from the dash board maker's supplier or even owner miscare and neglect. before running off on a sue happy kick try to work with mazda corporate or your friendly local stealership to fix your issue. and to pinkhamglo, you have a 7 year old car, any car with years on it and especially more then one owner will have issues, heat and uv rays do a ton of damage and the dash is just a big black lump sitting in your hot car in the sun, sun shades and good window tint go a long way, so does care, using good quality interior wipes/sprays occasionally with tint and sunshades can prevent most of this, Meguiars wipes/sprays are good (most of their stuff is, I have a ton of it ands use it religiously) 303 protectant is good, griots is good, zanes makes good stuff, just avoid amror all interior products like the plague, they contain a very bad kind of chemical for plastics and vinyl that actually dries them out (the opposite of what we want) whereas the other brands I have listed do not have this chemical in their msds's, the armorall stuff, as it dries, it dries your plastics out and makes them more prone to damage, and with repeat use can do permanent damage like drying spots so bad they crack or warp in extreme climates like hot or cold. pinkhamglo, I bet the previous owner of your car was an amorall fan and used their stuff and it dried your dash out, unless you are the original owner you will never know (unless your like me and while car searching look for left over wrappers and containers and stuff in crevasses and under seats in used cars) I passed on a 2012 mazda 6 because I found a bunch of aromor all lids in the trunk and a few receipts for their purchase this was a big red flag as this meant the original owner did try to take good care of the car but was ill informed and using bad quality stuff to care of it with.

In short just like your paint needs wax and regular washings and care to look and perform its best so does your interior, its harder and takes more effort to clean an exterior of a car right and protect it then it does the interior, as wax or sealer is not permanent and will need to be reapplied as well as contaminates and everything else washed and removed before protecting the paint with wax or sealer, but the inside mainly just needs a decent vacuuming and some a quick wipe down of your plastics with some wipes that can easily be had at any local parts store or wally world every few weeks or once a month or so. this will help prevent fading, deterioration, discoloration, cracking, and warping of the materials, it also helps them last much longer and look better. good uv rejection window tint and a sunshade on your windshield while parked will prevent most damage to the interior but the wipes make sure most of the rest wont happen either, plus the protectant for the interior can actually help prevent sticky spots and stains as I have spilled many cokes on my plastics and it wipes right off without staining or stickiness and then reapply the protection. if you have leather seats don't forget about them either they dry out and need cleaning and care just like your plastics do, again meguiars makes good wipes and spray and cream for the leather and so does lexall, those are the only 2 brands I have experience with leather products. if you go meguiars the wipes are good for casual cleaning and adding protection and the spray is the same as the wipes just in spray form, but the cream in bottle like their waxes and polishes come in is a good deep clean and protect formula, one that the seats really only need occasionally and then just use the wipes between to keep them moisturized and protected and yes all the meguiars stuff is fine on our leather, it is treated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Give into the Night"

Last edited by kms1990; 03-20-2017 at 02:06 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 03:08 AM
geeboss
Points: 4,936, Level: 44 Points: 4,936, Level: 44 Points: 4,936, Level: 44
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOMing View Post
I haven't been on here for quite some time. Because honestly I have not had too many issues to report and nothing really modded on the car. I have the second gear syncro shenanigans. I have the squeeky moving seat. Both extremely covered on the forums.

But now I have the worst cosmetic problem ever and an extreme eye sore. The Mazda Cracked Dash! And worse it started happening when I returned to PA from Florida, the cold weather came in, and I had just gone over the 60K Bumper to Bumper.

Here is a link to a video I made and posted on youtube. I also created a facebook page. I want to get everyone together that has this issue on facebook. Once the number of people subscribed gets large enough; I'll start working towards some class action suit or case.

I really hope you don't have to deal with this...but I am sure most of us will. And its a shame because I love the car; but this is unacceptable on such a new car and low miles.

Mazda TSB 09-038/12 Dash Cracks around Air Bag! - YouTube
https://youtu.be/v_nVx5l3_go
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 AM
kms1990
Demon Spawn
Points: 4,921, Level: 44 Points: 4,921, Level: 44 Points: 4,921, Level: 44
Activity: 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeboss View Post
hm did not see the tsb mentioned, good to know. its probably due to the rubbery stuff on the dash drying out either from a bad batch of them or abuse/neglect and cracking around the cutout in it for the air bag.

"Give into the Night"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cracked , dash , or 12 , passenger , tsb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode