Points: 4,709, Level: 43 Points: 4,709, Level: 43 Points: 4,709, Level: 43
Activity: 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboomanage View Post
Opps! I apologize, above I said that it would work just by putting the fob up to the button. I recently purchased a Mazda 3 2015. This is how the 2015's (and probably the others of the 3 gen). I did not realize that other gen's had a different way of this. I apologize for that.

Hope it works out for you!!
yeah the older 10-13 3's and I bet all mazdas with smart keys do this ( l looked at a 12 6 when looking for cars last year) that had the same intelligent key system my 3 does and had that same dead spot cover on the column and push button on the dash, I think all of the 14+ mazdas use push button start on all but the very base trim, and even then I think they may all have it now as its a fairly standard feature anymore, so they changed the system because they no longer had a dead spot to put the backup in, as the aux key slot in the 10-13 3s and 6s is in the dead hole the normal key turn ignition is. in the 14+ and I bet your 15 3 is the same there is not a dead spot for a key start ignition (if one is even available)and if it is, the push button is over the same hole. so they had no free spot to put an aux key slot, and wanted to probably simplify the procedure as the one in the 10-13 is a minor bit tedious comparatively. its easier just to touch the fob to the button and have it read that way then have a second hole with a second reader for back up. (probably had too many people moan about having to do the procedure I listed above when the fob battery dies) that and I know in the 10-13s the in car receiver and decoder system for intelligent keys is in the back of the passenger area (it shows a diagram in the manual) the newer ones it maybe right in the dash near the push button start and that allows it to read the passive chip instead of looking for the active one in the fob when it dies, that or the push button has a rf reader behind it that sends the same info our key slot does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Give into the Night"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fob , key

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode