Air Vent Removal - 2004 to 2014 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
Mazda3Revolution.com is the premier Mazda 3 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Points: 4,400, Level: 42 Points: 4,400, Level: 42 Points: 4,400, Level: 42
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
jpn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jpn
Default Air Vent Removal

Anyone know how to dismantle / remove the outer two air vents? The center air vent is easy and I've already done that, but the two outer ones that are circular...

I haven't tried very hard yet to figure it out myself. I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows how before I go breaking some clips or worse yet, some piece of the vent itself.

Bueller?

Current: 50/35 tint | Horn Upgrade | Blackout badges/fog bezels | LED Parkings | HID Fogs | Blue Footwell Lighting Upgrade | JB Shift Bushings | CS SRI | CS strut bar | Blue/Red Air Vent Glow | VG Sharkfin | Custom Headlights w/Angel Eyes | Stealth Turns | LED Backups | DDM Tuning Pedals | LED 3rd Brake Light | Mazda Roof Rack | Yakima SkyBox

Planned: Painted Calipers | Short Shift | Smoked Tails | Carputer | Python Remote Start | FSB | RSB
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 PM

HOKAY, so. I figured it out... They actually pull out... just takes a bit more force than I was initially comfortable using...

Current: 50/35 tint | Horn Upgrade | Blackout badges/fog bezels | LED Parkings | HID Fogs | Blue Footwell Lighting Upgrade | JB Shift Bushings | CS SRI | CS strut bar | Blue/Red Air Vent Glow | VG Sharkfin | Custom Headlights w/Angel Eyes | Stealth Turns | LED Backups | DDM Tuning Pedals | LED 3rd Brake Light | Mazda Roof Rack | Yakima SkyBox

Planned: Painted Calipers | Short Shift | Smoked Tails | Carputer | Python Remote Start | FSB | RSB
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Points: 2,392, Level: 29 Points: 2,392, Level: 29 Points: 2,392, Level: 29

JFSalvatore is on a distinguished road

Whatchyu plannin' on doin'?

18x7.5 White Exels - Whited-out emblems - Rebadge w/ Axela - Blue LEDs littered throughout the car - 15% tint all around - Painted Engine Bay Covers - White LED driving lights - White LED under body accent - Blue LED cupholder project - Blue G2 Painted Calipers - 15 LED Tail Bulbs - HyperWhite LED Reverse Lights - Mazda OEM AllWeather Floor Mats - DDM HID 6000K 35watt
Old 03-28-2010, 11:56 AM

I put LED strips in the vents so they glow... pretty cool effect, but at the moment I'm unhappy with how they look in the center vents because you can see actual LEDs... so it's less like, "oh hey! your vents glow, that's sweet!" and more like "why did you put blinding LEDs in your center vents?! It's distracting me from the road!"

I'm gonna have to figure something out... probably have to reposition the LED placement...

Old 03-29-2010, 01:11 AM

here's some pics...

pass side vent removed (EDIT: oops, sorry had wrong img before)

see, they just pull out...

Last edited by jpn; 03-29-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 AM
F*ck a sunroof.
Points: 7,147, Level: 55 Points: 7,147, Level: 55 Points: 7,147, Level: 55
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

DarkSpeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightDarkSpeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightDarkSpeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightDarkSpeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightDarkSpeed3 is a glorious beacon of light

OOOOoooooooOoooooo......

- Drag DR-31 Gunmetal 18x8 +48
- Nitto NT 555 235/40/18
- H&R Springs
- Custom Headlights (pics) (video)
- Tinted Windows
- Xentec 10,000K HID
- DecalFX Yellow Fog Light Film (pic)
- DecalFX Smoked Tail Light Film (pic)
- CorkSport Intake
- Spoiler Swap
- Black Emblems
- DecalFX Matte Black Wrapped Fog Light Trim
- DecalFX Matte Black Dash Wrap (how-to video)
- DO NOT BUY A TWM SHORT SHIFTER!
- Also check out my blacked out 2009 RX-8 R3

Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Insert Witty Title Here..
Points: 2,963, Level: 33 Points: 2,963, Level: 33 Points: 2,963, Level: 33
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

pepperdro is on a distinguished road

a buddy of mine did something similar to this in his 95 blazer. The technique he used was he lined the inside of the vent with Aluminum foil (shiny side pointing in) and he put the led down below the line of sight. When he turned them on, the aluminum foil reflected all the light out, making it look pretty smooth. I don't have pics of this, because he got rid of the blazer, but it looked sweet, and you don't have that annoying"I can see your L.E.D's" look.

Mods:*WOLO EXTRA LOUD LOW NOTE HORN*FRONT WELL/CUPHOLDER BLUE LED LIGHTING*XENON FOOTPEDALS*KENWOOD EXCELON DNX6960*
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperdro View Post
a buddy of mine did something similar to this in his 95 blazer. The technique he used was he lined the inside of the vent with Aluminum foil (shiny side pointing in) and he put the led down below the line of sight. When he turned them on, the aluminum foil reflected all the light out, making it look pretty smooth. I don't have pics of this, because he got rid of the blazer, but it looked sweet, and you don't have that annoying"I can see your L.E.D's" look.
that's interesting, but I worry about the light emitted by the LEDs causing the aluminum foil itself to be visible... I don't think that would look too good, but then again, you're the one who has seen it IRL. what do you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
air, removal, vent