Vehicle Personalization Guide - Page 3 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Matthew
'10 Mazda 3 S Sport 6 spd
Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Since my doors don't lock at speed now that the locks are programmed not to unlock when the ignition is turned off I've found a work around. I propose Guns and Mazdas after the business model of Guns and Hummers.

Adventure Shooting Sports. Guns, Ammo and Accessories. Known for "Guns and Hummers" in St. Louis Missouri.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
SpeedCrazed
Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Contacted mazda Canada and this was their response!
Quote,"Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your concerns with us. Congratulations on your new vehicle! We hope it brings you years of driving pleasure.

The personalization option card should be provided to you by the dealership before delivery, so that your vehicle can be delivered with the personlization options set. We regret to be informed that this was not done and recommend that you speak to Mr. ****, Sales Manager at Mazda dealer, as he is in the best and most direct position to address your concerns. The initialization of the personalization options are included with the purchase of your car and your Mazda dealership may charge for any future changes. The personalization features are not related to the navigation system and as such, your navigation system is not able to control these features.

Regards,
Mazda Canada Inc"' END QOUTE

my original Question,
"I Am inquiring about the vehicle personalization options!! First off after reading and familiaring myself with this vehicle I find that these user options cannot be programed by me, I must take it to the dealer. How are these user options differrant than any other features like radio, nav, mirror,seat memory, dimmers controls settings etc...
(Question)Why did I have to go to the Mazda Forums to download an adobe version of these settings with check box's to make it easier to submit what I need change? Now some of the feature would require examples to see if I preffered the settings, so must I keep on bring vehicle back when my personal tastes reguire a setting change??(Question) Is this a free service for life of vehicle or warranty period? (Question)Now if Mazda knows this why was I not told by sales or service and given a Vehicle Pe! rsonalization Option Form to fill out and bring back upon first servicing??(Question) Lastly why would Mazda choose to have these basic options that many manufacturers have built into the user interface of car, (Question)I have navigation so why would I not have a menu for this to acess these features??
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Creatve
Points: 9,769, Level: 66 Points: 9,769, Level: 66 Points: 9,769, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Any of you Speed3 owners had your personalization settings changed? I just went to the dealer today(not at the place of purchase) for my 1st oil change and wanted my settings changed. When I came to pick up the vehicle, they said that when they connected their computer to my car that non of the options are listed on the card. That they need one specifically for the Mazdaspeed 3...so they were not able to program it. They just told me to goto the dealer I purchased it from.

Just wondering if you guys came across this problem or maybe this dealership doesnt have the updated software or incompetent technicians

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - K&N SRI, Upgraded Horns, DDM 5k 55watt HID, DDM Yellow Fog Bulbs, Black Painted Calipers w/White Mazdaspeed Decal, 35/20% Tint, Tein SS Coilovers w/EDFC, KSport Rear Camber/Toe Kit, Fumoto Valve, CS Interior LEDs, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, SU RMM, CP-E Front Relocation License Plate, OZ Racing Ultralegerras w/Continental ExtremeContact DW, Project Kics R40 Revo Lug Nuts
1999 2dr Ford Explorer - E46 D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors, KKM Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Wavehogger
Points: 1,469, Level: 21 Points: 1,469, Level: 21 Points: 1,469, Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
I find it odd that dealers are stating they couldn't find the settings to make changes off the personalization guide.

I took my car into my dealer, Auffenberg Mazda in O'Fallon IL (St Louis area), and the service manager didn't even blink when I asked for some personalization changes. They set all my doors to open with one push of the fob button with no problems. It works great. The service manager did mention it was not a quick job because there were, "many layers of menues to go through to change settings". Still...he didn't seem to have any issues doing the work.

Funny part was, my salesman stated he never had any customer chage the settings that he new of...
Nice 5-door, and color. Do you have the advanced keyless system (tech pkg) option? My dealer said it's not an option on the personalization settings to unlock all the doors with one push because I have the tech pkg. I would think that having a technology package would give you more options and features and not less, right? lol

My dealer is really awesome and he said his computers are up to date with the latest info so he's probably correct but I thought it was worth asking here. Shout out to Jim and his guys at Sentry West.

So anyone been able to have the one push unlock all the doors with keyless system?
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Wavehogger
Points: 1,469, Level: 21 Points: 1,469, Level: 21 Points: 1,469, Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavehogger View Post
Nice 5-door, and color. Do you have the advanced keyless system (tech pkg) option? My dealer said it's not an option on the personalization settings to unlock all the doors with one push because I have the tech pkg. I would think that having a technology package would give you more options and features and not less, right? lol

My dealer is really awesome and he said his computers are up to date with the latest info so he's probably correct but I thought it was worth asking here. Shout out to Jim and his guys at Sentry West.

So anyone been able to have the one push unlock all the doors with keyless system?
So I'll reply to my reply. It is possible to unlock all the doors with one push. I was just at my dealer and they were taking a second look to try and find the setting. We found it, but it was easy to overlook because of the way it's listed and written in the computer set up. To make all the doors unlock with one push the "2 stage unlock system" needs to be disabled, as it comes enabled from the factory. Enabled means you have to press it twice to unlock all the doors. By disabling it, it will now open them all with one push.
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 03:14 PM
frankhollander
Points: 1,935, Level: 26 Points: 1,935, Level: 26 Points: 1,935, Level: 26

Trunk Light

I need help understanding an interior light option. My battery gets drained if the trunk doesn't shut all the way or inadvertently gets popped open via the key fob. There is a personalization option under Interior Light that I'm hoping can fix this. It's worded oddly so I'm having trouble understanding the meaning. Here's the quote, "Allows the interior lamp from turning off automatically when any door is opened (or not securely closed)." Does this include the trunk lamp? Is the trunk lid considered a door? The factory setting is "Activated" and the option is "Deactivated". Which one should I select?

-------------------------------------------------------
2010 Mazda 3s GT 4 door
Black Mica/Black Leather
6-speed
Technology/Moonroof Packages
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
alphadog
Points: 9,344, Level: 64 Points: 9,344, Level: 64 Points: 9,344, Level: 64

Does anyone know if there is a way to set these personalization options myself - not going to the dealer? If not, then why not? Do they have to hook up a diagnostic tool?

I would think that this is just a bunch of hidden menu options in the info screen.
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 AM
alphadog

Does Anyone know a Mazda mechanic? It would be nice to understand why we can't personalize this ourselves.

Does it require a computer hookup, or is it just a hidden menu? Someone must know - even if they won't give access, just tell us why/how it is done.
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Born2Drive
I ride with Jesus
Points: 3,305, Level: 35 Points: 3,305, Level: 35 Points: 3,305, Level: 35
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Does Anyone know a Mazda mechanic? It would be nice to understand why we can't personalize this ourselves.

Does it require a computer hookup, or is it just a hidden menu? Someone must know - even if they won't give access, just tell us why/how it is done.
the dealer uses a laptop to access these features in the ECU. I guess if you can get software that allows you access to theh OBDII ECU via the under dash port then you can change these items at will. I'm sure Mazda doesn't want us messing with it; however the aftermarket crowd should be able to get to it. It's not to difficult if you can get access to such software.
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
alphadog

Thanks for the feedback, it keeps from trying random button pushes to find the hidden menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
guide , personalization , vehicle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode