2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2015 Reprogram Mazda Key NO DEALER??

63K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Chanandaler_Bong 
#1 ·
Is there any way to Reprogram 2014 - 2015 Mazda 3 6 CX-5 Key without going to the dealer??

#5 ·
Ok So i Watch the whole thing and Good Luck lol!!! They get a Password on the MDZ System and from there you have to reprogram every key with a new code, witch means all remotes now have been swiped clean and start from new. There will be no way for someone to do this. .6hr and your on your way...

#6 ·
I got Mazda yesterday and the guy told me as long as I know the password on the keyfob that came with spare ( its 5 digit pass code carved into metal piece) I should be able to pair any new keys to the car and without it, im SOL.

He said something about pressing the engine on ( keyless) and the unlock and lock button continuously 3 times. I am not sure how much he knows but I think there is some truth to it.

#7 ·
I got Mazda yesterday and the guy told me as long as I know the password on the keyfob that came with spare ( its 5 digit pass code carved into metal piece) I should be able to pair any new keys to the car and without it, im SOL.

My wife got a 2015 i Touring last month. I just checked both of our key fobs and didn't see any passcode engraved. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

#10 ·
I remember the service tech indicating that the key with the small silver tag had a code on it. Said don't loose it since it gives information necessary for cutting a duplicate key to my specific car. Other wise they can charge more since they have to get inside the door lock to get the code. We all know what Mazda billable hourly rate is $$$.

#11 ·
Does anyone know of a used key can be programmed? You can find those on ebay for >$100. That's cheaper than new but still too much if I'm not sure it will work.
The other thought I had was to clone the RFID in one of the keys, but apparently it has military grade encryption. If I had an RFID to start the car, I could stash a metal key to open the doors on the car and never have to worry about being locked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.