2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Few issues to clarify

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Davidval18 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys
Have my car already more than a month. And I absolutely in love with it. :grin2:
Still, few minor issues need to be clarified. And I would like your help on this

I have the Premium model 2L 165HP. I guess this is equivalent to the GT or T ?! Not sure, but anyway, I have the leather seats, smart car entry, and basically this is the high end model here in Israel...
This is the end of 2016 year model, registered as 2017
So here goes:

1) Am I missing something here, or there's actually no on/off switch for the back seats light? So basically there is no option for the passengers seating at the back to turn on the light above their head while driving?! Very strange....

2) As I red, I know most of you don't like the I stop feature. But I am the exception :wink2:
I drive mostly not in traffic so the engine actually don't use it very often. And when it does, it mostly happens on traffic lights. So it's working for me. The question is: how do I prevent the system to power on after being in I stop mode when I am in park but don't want to stop the engine entirely. For example, I am stopping the car just to go out for a second to take something from the trunk. The car is in I stop mode, but as I open the door it's immediately ignite the engine again. How do I prevent it? And keep the I stop mode running while opening the door? Is there any sequence of operation to do?

3) I am attaching picture of the MZD console screen, on the vehicle button option
What those coming and leaving home lights means? I didn't notice that something is happening with the head lights that can reflect on this option.

Thanks in addvance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

For members of the forum to help you is always better to post pictures fully in English, not everyone understands Hebrew around here ;),despite the fact that there is some English on your picture, now to answer your questions:

1- There is not an on/off switch for the dome lights, the lights will turn on when the door is open or when the ON switch is pressed on the front map lights.

2-The i-stop system is not meant to function in Parking Mode or when in Neutral, only when you are driving. There are many factors to why I-Stop will turn on again after being in parking or in neutral, air conditioning mode / usage or slight movement can contribute to this. IMO if i-stop would be continuous then the engine would not be not warm enough to return from idling, turning the engine on prevents prevents this from happening.

3-Coming home lights is a function in which the headlights will be ON for 30 seconds after you switch the ignition OFF, for example, you arrive to your garage in your house, there are no lights and you switch your car off so it gives you an auxiliary light for a limited time. *The headlight leveler needs to be in auto for this function t work.

4- Bonus! Leaving Home Light: When the headlight leveler is is Auto mode and set to HBC, when pressing the unlock key, the beams will turn on for a specific amount of time, as it can be see on this CX-3. same principle:

Finally, can you please tell me if your car radio is able to receive Galgalatz 91.8 or 93.5 perfectly? The same for "Kol Musica" 97.2? I have a problem with this radio stations all the time, I can never be able to get good reception despite the fact that I live in Hasharon Area, there is interference or bad signal and I'm starting to wonder if my antenna or radio is faulty.

#3 ·
3-Coming home lights is a function in which the headlights will be ON for 30 seconds after you switch the ignition OFF, for example, you arrive to your garage in your house, there are no lights and you switch your car off so it gives you an auxiliary light for a limited time. *The headlight leveler needs to be in auto for this function t work.
My 3, built in november '15, has this option too, but it is not working like you said. To enable coming home: When switch ignition to OFF I have to make a "burst" (high beam). To enable leaving home: When switch ignition to OFF I have to set headlight leveler to low beam. Mine does not work when I put the leveler in AUTO :crying2:

#4 ·
Hi David

1) So you're saying, that in order to switch on the dome light when all doors are close I need to switch on the front panel and they will lit?

2) As correct your analysis on this from the technical point of view, theirs actually no much logic...
Imagine you are stopping at a red light for 2, 3 minutes or even more at a traffic jam. If you would keep pressing on the brake pedal all this time the car would still be at idle state regardless of the time. So basically this is the same situation I am describing...
As a matter of fact, I had these happened ones, when I opened the door and it still remained idle. So I wonder if there some sequence I did that can be repeated every time I would want?! I guess I was lucky :)

3) Does it work only when you unlock or lock the car with the remote control or also with the smart entry function as well?
Because I use the smart entry all the time and I didn't see this function operates. So I wonder if it's only relevant when unlocking with the remote. This actually makes logic. If you use the smart entry you are obviously near the car, so why would you need the lights?!

To answer to your questions...
First of all I am from the north of the country, Haifa area, so it might be that some presets are different
I had the GLGZ already at auto preset. I check manually the 93.5 and it works fine. The 91.8 thou, is not. A lot of background noise
Also checked the 97.2 manually and this is as well not clean.
I wouldn't jump to conclusion that this is the antenna, probably area preset fault. If it was the antenna I am guessing you wouldn't receive more stations.

Thanks

#5 ·
@Amador,

1- Yes, the dome lights in the Mazda 3 do not have an ON/OFF switch. The dome lights turn on automatically when one of the doors in the car is open or when the light switch in the front map lights is switched ON (taking into consideration that the car doors are closed). They will also turn on for 5 secs when you lock the car (This includes all interior lights)

2-Like I stated before i-stop is not meant to be used while in Parking mode or Neutral, only while on D (Drive) And even while on D (Drive) I can guarantee you that if you are in stop light for 2-3 minutes i-stop will stop working and will switch on the engine again. I have stopped for 2-3 minutes in traffic and i-stop always turns the engine back on. Why is this? Let's get to the basics, i-stop works once the engine is heated up enough, and you’ve been driving for a little while.(You'll see this when the i-stop icon shows on your instrument panel) If you are at a stop light, push the break then the engine stops, even tough the engine has stop working, i-stop and the car still recognize that the engine can't get too cold as it needs certain amount of heat or temperature in order to comeback from being idle , therefore i-stops stops working and the engine runs again. Many factors regarding how much time i-stop will be working while stopped needs to be considered, like for example, engine temperature and outside temperature.

Additionally, just tapping the brake won’t cause i-stop to work, it has to be a full and complete stop. The steering wheel also has to be reasonably straight, turning the wheel while braked will deactivate i-stop. Other causes for i-stop not to work include: being stopped on a steep incline, when in reverse, when the air conditioning is on full blast, or if the driver’s seat belt isn’t buckled. Regarding your specific case, it has happened to me that when I'm waiting for someone and I do not wish to turn off my car, I put the car in neutral then i-stop works and then I go to Parking and i-stop still works, the car remains in i-stop for a while but will start the engine again because of what I explained above . Take you car for a drive, let i-stop work and post back here your results.

3-If you are referring to Leaving Home Lights, as far as I know it will only work with the key fob once you unlock your car. Never tried with the keyless entry system and as you said above it defeats the purpose of the technology since you are close to you car, The logic is, if you are in your garage and there is complete darkness, you can unlock the car and get Auxiliary light that will help you navigate to your car.

Thanks for your input regarding the radio, I will check more closely this problem. It is only "Galgalatz" and "Kol Hamusika" stations which I have problems with.

#6 · (Edited)
David,
Thanks a lot for your detailed and intelligent explenation.
Regarding the lights. I checked it. Yes it works only with the remote and not with the smart entry. And i am so glad that they thought it through...
I still can't figure out entirely how exactly it works. In my case it's not working when the leveller on auto mode but when it's on the last position. In this mode when I switch of the engine the lights go off and when closing the car whether with the remote or with the smart entry. Nothing happens no lights are lighting. When opening the car with the remote, here it expressed, the front and back lights are lights up and stais like that for approximately 30 seconds. Basically exactly as shown in the video you atached earlier.
If i am closing the car before that for example after 10 seconds, or even immediately they will go off. Again, all this happens onley when the leveller at the last position. After all that said. I guess this is what they call leaving home lights. What about the coming home lights? It's supposed to work as well, not?

#9 ·
Hi @Vic_tormenta

Please see the attached pictures. Those are the default presets that where already set when I received the car. I didn't touch anything.

Yes the Leaving home lights issue is cleared. Thanks :) as I mentioned it works in my case only when the leveler is in its last position.
(see the picture attached) I wonder if someone has a different settings for this leveler for this function to operate as, mentioned by David
@Davidval18, Can you please confirm, as you mentioned above, that in your case it operates when the leveler is on the Auto position?!
Which year your car where manufactured?

I succeeded to operate the Coming home lights, it works exactly as you explained. Thanks
As a matter of fact I do see a lot of sense in this case. Thing about it: you finished driving and parked. You just need this burst off light to illuminate your path or area, that's it. And, you don't need it all the time. That's why they leave it to be operated by choice...

Other think is, why none of this is mentioned in the manual? How the heck someone should figure it out by himself?! :)

Cheers Guys

Attachments

#10 ·
@Amador @Vic_tormenta, Sorry it took me a while, been busy trying to fix my Bi-Xenon headlights lol.

So for the Coming home lights, I tested it, and it works the following way: The headlights leveler can either be in Auto, Parking Lights or ON, and after shutting down the engine, then just make a high beam "burst" this shall activate the coming home lights for the preset time which you configure on settings.

Additionally, you will notice that if you don't do this, the DRL LED'S will be ON until you open the door (Don't leave them on Parking lights if not I think it's pretty neat.

Didn't test Leaving Home Light, I don't think I'll ever use it, as I always use the keyless entry system.

Let me know if this works for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.