2 weeks old and first visit to dealer - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcm0455

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
mcm0455
Points: 187, Level: 3 Points: 187, Level: 3 Points: 187, Level: 3
Activity: 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

2 weeks old and first visit to dealer

Yes, with 450 miles on the odometer, my 17 Mazda 3 gets its first trip to the dealer on Monday. TMPS and Parking brake malfunction warning lights. Tire pressure is within specs and parking brake works. Shut off car and restarted and warning lights went off. Probably nothing but if this is a trend, Mazda can take this car back. Plenty of other cars out there.
Nothing irritates me more than electrical glitches. Also having them look at why the Smart City Braking warning light illuminated the other day, there were no cars around me, the windshield and front emblem were not dirty nor obstructed.

I had glitches in my last car starting at 8k miles and hated that car until I traded it in at 24k miles.
Still like the Mazda 3 a lot, but I could have bought a GTI if I wanted to be a regular at the dealer. Sorry to vent guys, just frustrated spending 24k for a brand new car and already dealing with issues.
RebelxRob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM
RebelxRob
Points: 248, Level: 4 Points: 248, Level: 4 Points: 248, Level: 4

I hear you man. My girl and I bought her a 2015 Chrysler 200s new and its been to the shop 12 times for warranty issues since we bought it and it's only got 30,000km on it lol
Your pain is felt

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Pushing my limits
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM
niCOLiEo7
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm0455 View Post
Yes, with 450 miles on the odometer, my 17 Mazda 3 gets its first trip to the dealer on Monday. TMPS and Parking brake malfunction warning lights. Tire pressure is within specs and parking brake works. Shut off car and restarted and warning lights went off. Probably nothing but if this is a trend, Mazda can take this car back. Plenty of other cars out there.

Nothing irritates me more than electrical glitches. Also having them look at why the Smart City Braking warning light illuminated the other day, there were no cars around me, the windshield and front emblem were not dirty nor obstructed.

I had glitches in my last car starting at 8k miles and hated that car until I traded it in at 24k miles.

Still like the Mazda 3 a lot, but I could have bought a GTI if I wanted to be a regular at the dealer. Sorry to vent guys, just frustrated spending 24k for a brand new car and already dealing with issues.

Hey let me know what they do about the Smart city breaking -- mine has been lighting up as well and it's driving me nuts. Just about 1500km on my 2017 mazda 3. My coolant light keeps staying on as well- sigh. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:58 PM
seanc81
Points: 7,627, Level: 58 Points: 7,627, Level: 58 Points: 7,627, Level: 58
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

If a warning light comes on once and goes away after re-starting I wouldn't be so concerned. Having owned my 2014 Mazda 3 GT for almost 4 years there have been the odd time where the Traction Control light or SCBS light have come on..and with a scan, nothing came up. The on board computers are a little more smarter these days whereby it constantly checks to ensure there is no real malfunction. If the lights come back on again, i'd suspect something is not working as intended. And at least you have TPMS! LOL, that just got added.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
mcm0455

Thanks guys for the encouraging words. I know it is nothing but I will still stop by on Monday so that it will be documented. I took a couple of pictures of the warning on the screen before I restarted the car. I guess I come from another time when assuming that a new Japanese car would not have glitches. I have had many other cars that never ever gave me any ghost codes. I guess it's the price we all pay for all the integrated technology in our vehicles.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 09:54 AM
M3MX5M3
Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20 Points: 1,306, Level: 20
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My TPMS light turned on a couple times very early on when taking a road trip. I got out to check thinking maybe a tire was losing air. All looked good. I'm sure you already tried holding down the button to reset the system? Once I did that it never went off again. Also maybe disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a couple minutes could reset the system. I honestly believe that during manufacturing things happen where certain systems just need an initial reset. I don't believe my TPMS was ever reset. Plus the nitrogen that comes in the tires is a total gimmick. I let it all out and put regular air in.

Good luck with your new Mazda3! It'll all be worked out soon

My AdventureMazda Youtube Channel Vids:

Borla Sound Clips -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Borla Install -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Injen SRI Install -

5 Dislikes -

Painting The Front Chrome Trim -

Sport Model Upgrades -
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 01:12 PM
hau101
Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

The TPMS may light up if one tire is a few psi off from the others. Or if you're carrying a heavy load that might cause uneven tire pressure on the road. I held the button to reset it while driving and it went away. Not sure about the parking brake though - why I prefer old-school handbrake.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
mcm0455

I am going to cancel the visit to the dealer, I think it was just the karma of the universe to test my patience in buying this new car. The tire pressures are at 36psi on all four and while it was slightly annoying, I still love this little hatch. If it happens again, then I will make my way dealer.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 04:23 AM
Xmsteel
Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelxRob View Post
I hear you man. My girl and I bought her a 2015 Chrysler 200s new and its been to the shop 12 times for warranty issues since we bought it and it's only got 30,000km on it lol
Your pain is felt

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Yikes, a 200. Sorry to hear.

to OP: Welcome to the world of new automobiles with a bunch of nanny systems. 9 times out of 10 vehicles in my work's fleet go back to the dealers for some type of system malfunction.

2014 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatch

Mods/Upgrades:
Corksport SRI
Corksport Axle-Back Exhaust
Corksport Command Wheel Cover
LED Interior Lighting
MB Wheels
AVS Visors
De-badged
Tint

Future Mods/Upgrades:
Corksport Strut Tower Bar
Corksport Lowering Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dealer , visit , weeks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode