what kind of deals are you guys getting on the 2014 mz3? - Page 3 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

 60Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 PM
sen
Senior Member
Points: 17,852, Level: 85
Points: 17,852, Level: 85 Points: 17,852, Level: 85 Points: 17,852, Level: 85
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago Suburbia
Posts: 244
Thanks: 15
Thanked 218 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
         
Its a bit low. KBB puts its around 9k for trade in and NADA has it at about 9.5-10.5k for a trade-in. The price on the 2014 they quoted is pretty good (Is that including the 500 incentive for already owning a mazda?).
sen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 10:31 AM
doane2u
Senior Member
Points: 4,434, Level: 42
Points: 4,434, Level: 42 Points: 4,434, Level: 42 Points: 4,434, Level: 42
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
doane2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 564
Thanks: 92
Thanked 86 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
For my sGT, I paid $26,354 (s-plan, i.e. invoice) with bumper guards, sill plates, and wheel locks factory installed. -$500 for Mazda Loyalty -$17,500 on the trade in (which saved about $1700 in taxes) ~$10k @ 60 months/2.49%.
I assume that didn"t include the tech package, right? With the bumper guard, locks and sill trim the online MSRP I see is $27,570 minus the $500 loyalty = $27,070 so it looks like you were about $700 under that, is that right?

In California trade ins don't reduce the sales tax you pay, unfortunately.

I really want a 2014, but I think that until it's been out for about a year the prices aren't going be be very negotiable. And even then, if there is a good demand for the 3, the dealers aren't going to come down much on the prices and Mazda probably isn't going to give them incentives or dealer cash so they can do that. A good example is the CX5 that has been very popular and a good seller and is hard to find good prices on the newer ones, especially with the bigger engine now.

Of course, the longer I wait the more my 2012 GTS will depreciate, even though I got a super deal on it earlier this year... hard decision.
doane2u is offline  
post #23 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Anderfrank
Senior Member
Points: 9,204, Level: 64
Points: 9,204, Level: 64 Points: 9,204, Level: 64 Points: 9,204, Level: 64
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Anderfrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 724
Thanks: 80
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen View Post
Its a bit low. KBB puts its around 9k for trade in and NADA has it at about 9.5-10.5k for a trade-in. The price on the 2014 they quoted is pretty good (Is that including the 500 incentive for already owning a mazda?).
I do not believe it was included. But I can get S-Plan so the quite does not really mater to me as much as the trade-in does.

2014 Mazda 3 sGT Sedan in Titanium Flash Mica

Current Mazda3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Previous Mazda3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by Anderfrank; 10-09-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Anderfrank is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Nitsuj
Senior Member
Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Nitsuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 240
Thanks: 13
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
I assume that didn"t include the tech package, right? With the bumper guard, locks and sill trim the online MSRP I see is $27,570 minus the $500 loyalty = $27,070 so it looks like you were about $700 under that, is that right?

In California trade ins don't reduce the sales tax you pay, unfortunately.

I really want a 2014, but I think that until it's been out for about a year the prices aren't going be be very negotiable. And even then, if there is a good demand for the 3, the dealers aren't going to come down much on the prices and Mazda probably isn't going to give them incentives or dealer cash so they can do that. A good example is the CX5 that has been very popular and a good seller and is hard to find good prices on the newer ones, especially with the bigger engine now.

Of course, the longer I wait the more my 2012 GTS will depreciate, even though I got a super deal on it earlier this year... hard decision.
I paid $26354 (w/o tech), then got the $500 loyalty cash. So I got ~$1200 of MSRP and an extra $500 down. When you combine the tax savings on the trade I saved about $3400, plus I saved about a $200 in taxes by driving an hour to a dealer with a lower tax rate.

Last edited by Nitsuj; 10-09-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: math
Nitsuj is offline  
post #25 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
sen
Senior Member
Points: 17,852, Level: 85
Points: 17,852, Level: 85 Points: 17,852, Level: 85 Points: 17,852, Level: 85
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago Suburbia
Posts: 244
Thanks: 15
Thanked 218 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
I paid $26354 (w/o tech), then got the $500 loyalty cash. So I got ~$1200 of MSRP and an extra $500 down. When you combine the tax savings on the trade I saved about $3400, plus I saved about a $200 in taxes by driving an hour to a dealer with a lower tax rate.
Tax rate is based on where the car is registered so it makes no difference where you buy it.
sen is offline  
post #26 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Nitsuj
Senior Member
Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Nitsuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 240
Thanks: 13
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen View Post
Tax rate is based on where the car is registered so it makes no difference where you buy it.
The car is registered in WA, I bought it in WA. I definitely paid less taxes.
Nitsuj is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitsuj For This Useful Post:
moody2006 (04-20-2014)
post #27 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Nitsuj
Senior Member
Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Nitsuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 240
Thanks: 13
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderfrank View Post
I do not believe it was included. But I can get S-Plan so the quite does not really mater to me as mucha s the trade-in does.
Keep this in mind when dealing with s-plan deals that Mazda Pays the Dealer $245 if they sell a car using S-Plan. One dealer I was trying to work out a deal with showed me two writes ups, with and without S-plan. Basically they offered me more on the trade if I didn't get s-plan.
Nitsuj is offline  
post #28 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Anderfrank
Senior Member
Points: 9,204, Level: 64
Points: 9,204, Level: 64 Points: 9,204, Level: 64 Points: 9,204, Level: 64
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Anderfrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 724
Thanks: 80
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
Keep this in mind when dealing with s-plan deals that Mazda Pays the Dealer $245 if they sell a car using S-Plan. One dealer I was trying to work out a deal with showed me two writes ups, with and without S-plan. Basically they offered me more on the trade if I didn't get s-plan.
Good to know. I did not mention to them I was eligible for S-plan pricing until after they gave me the trade-in offer, however.

2014 Mazda 3 sGT Sedan in Titanium Flash Mica

Current Mazda3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Previous Mazda3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
Anderfrank is offline  
post #29 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Nitsuj
Senior Member
Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48 Points: 5,583, Level: 48
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Nitsuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 240
Thanks: 13
Thanked 54 Times in 36 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderfrank View Post
Good to know. I did not mention to them I was eligible for S-plan pricing until after they gave me the trade-in offer, however.
Ah, well then that is likely the best deal you will get from them on the trade. I checked with 6 different dealers and used quotes from one dealer to get the price down at another. Since it was S-plan vs S-plan they could only offer a better deal on the trade.
Nitsuj is offline  
post #30 of 1094 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
leozno1
Member
Points: 3,398, Level: 36
Points: 3,398, Level: 36 Points: 3,398, Level: 36 Points: 3,398, Level: 36
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
leozno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: York, PA
Posts: 44
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
If anybody is anywhere near the Maryland area, I would definitely take a look at Heritage Mazda of Owings Mills.

Their "internet pricing" is already taking off 2k+ off of MSRP. I've never bought a car from there so I don't know if that price holds up once you go in to the dealer or if it's just click bait but it wouldn't hurt to try.

New Cars Owings Mills Maryland | 2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Heritage Mazda

Definitely keeping this page bookmarked for when I get my 3 next year.

Can't wait to join Team Mazda!
leozno1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
2014 , deals , guys , kind , mz3

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome