What STB and RSB pick? - Page 2 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Moto-x_Mike
Senior Member
Points: 3,402, Level: 36
Points: 3,402, Level: 36 Points: 3,402, Level: 36 Points: 3,402, Level: 36
Activity: 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 425
Thanks: 3
Thanked 62 Times in 49 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
   
I've had the Progress RSB for 2 years & haven't changed the endlinks. No problems so far, even after adding Racing Beat springs & Koni FSD's.
Moto-x_Mike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:32 PM
arathol
Senior Member
Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
arathol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: central ct
Posts: 1,017
Thanks: 0
Thanked 128 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet3 View Post
Thanks to all for the answers!

Ok, sorry for the ignorance. But what happen if i don't upgrade the endlinks? The Eibach springs lowered just 1.3 inches in the rear.

I decided go for the Progress RSB. Wich Endlinks (apart of the ebay) are trustworthy? Moog? Hardrace? Is just 2 endlinks for the rear, right?

Thanks and sorry for my english!
The factory links are somewhat weak. The much higher spring rates of aftermarket bars (~340 lbs vs 700+ lbs) can damage the joints which apparently are held together by those orange plastic tabs.
If you lower the car and don't use adjustable links, there can be a couple issues. The swaybar will be angled upward too much, and the ends can hit the floorpan if you hit a large bump. This was actually a problem with my car (lowered 45mm in the rear) before the adjustable links were installed. If the angle of the bar relative to the motion of the rest of the suspension is wrong, you won't get optimum effect. The bar should be as close to horizontal as possible. You can see that in the picture above.

Here is a graphic from Hardrace showing the problem:


Use whatever endlinks you like. The ebay ones are plenty strong and not expensive though. Yes, it is just 2 endlinks for the rear bar.
Moval likes this.
arathol is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Moval
Junior Member
Points: 767, Level: 14
Points: 767, Level: 14 Points: 767, Level: 14 Points: 767, Level: 14
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Riverside
Posts: 17
Thanks: 35
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet3 View Post
Thanks to all for the answers!

Ok, sorry for the ignorance. But what happen if i don't upgrade the endlinks? The Eibach springs lowered just 1.3 inches in the rear.

I decided go for the Progress RSB. Wich Endlinks (apart of the ebay) are trustworthy? Moog? Hardrace? Is just 2 endlinks for the rear, right?

Thanks and sorry for my english!
If you stick with the stock endlinks, you will only be able to use the softer setting on the rear sway bar. That's if you have lowering springs installed.
To use the stiffer setting you need to be on stock springs (stock ride height) or install adjustable rear endlinks when you are lowered.

Read post 17-
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2...problem-2.html
Jet3 likes this.
Moval is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Jet3
Member
Points: 1,180, Level: 18
Points: 1,180, Level: 18 Points: 1,180, Level: 18 Points: 1,180, Level: 18
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 45
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arathol View Post
Endlinks? Yes, especially if you are lowering the car you should use adjustable endlinks to keep proper positioning of the bar. Stronger endlinks are also a good idea because the stock parts are not really up to the task of handling the higher spring rates of a larger bar.

These work and are quite a bit heavier than stock:
Adjustable Sway Bar Links for Mazda 3 BK 2004 2009 | eBay



Get whatever bar you like. They are mostly the same, just a rate difference that you probably won't really notice a whole lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arathol View Post
The factory links are somewhat weak. The much higher spring rates of aftermarket bars (~340 lbs vs 700+ lbs) can damage the joints which apparently are held together by those orange plastic tabs.
If you lower the car and don't use adjustable links, there can be a couple issues. The swaybar will be angled upward too much, and the ends can hit the floorpan if you hit a large bump. This was actually a problem with my car (lowered 45mm in the rear) before the adjustable links were installed. If the angle of the bar relative to the motion of the rest of the suspension is wrong, you won't get optimum effect. The bar should be as close to horizontal as possible. You can see that in the picture above.

Here is a graphic from Hardrace showing the problem:


Use whatever endlinks you like. The ebay ones are plenty strong and not expensive though. Yes, it is just 2 endlinks for the rear bar.
Ok, i got it! I'm trying to buy the RSB in the Progress website, but in the last step i dont know what happen.

This is the same for the 2015, right?

https://www.carid.com/progress-group...19&url=6827240

About the endlinks, are you sure the Ebay endlinks (ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR LINKS FOR MAZDA 3 BK 2004-2009 | eBay) are for the 2015? The announcement says they are for the 2004-2009 and for the Front Sway bar.

Thanks again to all!

Last edited by Jet3; 02-08-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Jet3 is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 06:25 PM
arathol
Senior Member
Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
arathol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: central ct
Posts: 1,017
Thanks: 0
Thanked 128 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet3 View Post
Ok, i got it! I'm trying to buy the RSB in the Progress website, but in the last step i dont know what happen.

This is the same for the 2015, right?

https://www.carid.com/progress-group...19&url=6827240

About the endlinks, are you sure the Ebay endlinks (ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR LINKS FOR MAZDA 3 BK 2004-2009 | eBay) are for the 2015? The announcement says they are for the 2004-2009 and for the Front Sway bar.

Thanks again to all!
RSB is the same for all 3rd generation cars. I think that website may not be up to date.

The description for the endlinks says for 2004-2009 but as you can see in the picture they do fit my 2016. Those have a huge range of adjustment with three different length adjusters. As such, they will fit many different cars. I have these on both the front and rear sway bars.
Jet3 likes this.
arathol is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Jet3
Member
Points: 1,180, Level: 18
Points: 1,180, Level: 18 Points: 1,180, Level: 18 Points: 1,180, Level: 18
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 45
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathol View Post
RSB is the same for all 3rd generation cars. I think that website may not be up to date.

The description for the endlinks says for 2004-2009 but as you can see in the picture they do fit my 2016. Those have a huge range of adjustment with three different length adjusters. As such, they will fit many different cars. I have these on both the front and rear sway bars.
Perfect!

One last question (i hope so )

What about this websites? They are trustworthy?

Progress Technology Anti-Sway Bar - Rear, Mazda Mazda3 14-15 (22mm-adj) - Part Number: 62.1127 - Sparktec Motorsports - Anti-Sway Bars

https://www.tunersports.com/progress...27_p52675.html

Thanks!

Greetings from Perú!
Jet3 is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:07 PM
arathol
Senior Member
Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
arathol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: central ct
Posts: 1,017
Thanks: 0
Thanked 128 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet3 View Post
Hmm...never heard of either one. Can't hurt to try.
arathol is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:13 PM
damekko
Junior Member
Points: 3,410, Level: 36
Points: 3,410, Level: 36 Points: 3,410, Level: 36 Points: 3,410, Level: 36
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 23
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
 
Bought my progress RSB from: https://thmotorsports.com/ $149 dlls with shipping included. Took a week to arrive to Mexico city
damekko is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 10:16 PM
Road Trip
Gearhead
Points: 5,472, Level: 47
Points: 5,472, Level: 47 Points: 5,472, Level: 47 Points: 5,472, Level: 47
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Road Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,130
Thanks: 60
Thanked 100 Times in 87 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
     
Garage
Tanabe says that they can not confirm their strut tower brace, # TTB137F, will fit a 2017 -- in fact their web site says only through 2014. I realize their are other brand options, but the Tanabe is the one I will get if it will fit a 2017.

Anyone install the Tanabe STB on a 2017 (or even a '15 or a '16) please, and/or others who know the suspension details about the 2014+ 3's, is anyone "more than pretty sure" it will fit a 2017? Thanks.

2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch: Soul Red Metallic with Black interior, manual: Premium Equipment pkg, customized OEM Appearance Pkg; iActivSense Pkg, add'l OEM options.

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Road Trip is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 12:14 AM
arathol
Senior Member
Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
arathol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: central ct
Posts: 1,017
Thanks: 0
Thanked 128 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
     
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would indicate that is does indeed fit....

I do have a Tanabe bar on my 2016, it fits fine as I am sure it will on the 2017.
Road Trip likes this.
arathol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
pick , rsb , stb

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome