Airbags/bagged/bagging mazda 3 - Page 2 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Road Trip
Gearhead
Points: 5,472, Level: 47 Points: 5,472, Level: 47 Points: 5,472, Level: 47
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Garage
Thanks for the video link @Loud3 . Looks like your beauty is alive.

2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch: Soul Red Metallic with Black interior, manual: Premium Equipment pkg, customized OEM Appearance Pkg; iActivSense Pkg, add'l OEM options.

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Loud3
Achtung!
Points: 8,072, Level: 60 Points: 8,072, Level: 60 Points: 8,072, Level: 60
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Garage
Car is currently in 3 or 4 pieces at a friends shop. I'm taking it back to stock and trading it in on a 2017 3 or CX-3 (depends on my mood at date of sale!)

You can definitely use parts from more than one manufacturer. AirLift (to my knowledge) doesn't make any actual air struts/bags for the 3rd generation Mazda 3 - just the first and second generations - so you'll have to source your front struts and rear bags from someone else, like BecauseBags or AirForce.

At ride height, it's like driving in a higher end sedan.

AIMGAIN GIIMs
Bridgestone Potenza
Air Force Air Suspension
OEM+ Aero Kit
Ultimate Racing
Shaved
LLumar
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:05 PM
JDabzzz
Points: 579, Level: 11 Points: 579, Level: 11 Points: 579, Level: 11
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud3 View Post
Car is currently in 3 or 4 pieces at a friends shop. I'm taking it back to stock and trading it in on a 2017 3 or CX-3 (depends on my mood at date of sale!)

You can definitely use parts from more than one manufacturer. AirLift (to my knowledge) doesn't make any actual air struts/bags for the 3rd generation Mazda 3 - just the first and second generations - so you'll have to source your front struts and rear bags from someone else, like BecauseBags or AirForce.

At ride height, it's like driving in a higher end sedan.
Kind of off topic, but I always loved your car. Why are you taking it back to stock and trading it in for a newer model if I may ask?
Loud3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Loud3
Achtung!
Points: 8,072, Level: 60 Points: 8,072, Level: 60 Points: 8,072, Level: 60
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDabzzz View Post
Kind of off topic, but I always loved your car. Why are you taking it back to stock and trading it in for a newer model if I may ask?
It's a lease, and I didn't like the buy-out option.

The intention was to buy it out at the end of the lease, but not at the price point that they brought to the table.

AIMGAIN GIIMs
Bridgestone Potenza
Air Force Air Suspension
OEM+ Aero Kit
Ultimate Racing
Shaved
LLumar
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 04:23 PM
JDabzzz
Points: 579, Level: 11 Points: 579, Level: 11 Points: 579, Level: 11
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud3 View Post
It's a lease, and I didn't like the buy-out option.

The intention was to buy it out at the end of the lease, but not at the price point that they brought to the table.
I'm in the same boat as you were in then. Leasing this guy for 3 years, and now after all these mods, was planning on having to buy it at the end.

Isn't the buyout price the same as the residual value that was agreed upon at the signing of the lease? Did you just need something faster or was the residual value just too high when you signed up for it?

Appreciate the info
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Kodo3
Points: 2,904, Level: 33 Points: 2,904, Level: 33 Points: 2,904, Level: 33
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDabzzz View Post
I'm in the same boat as you were in then. Leasing this guy for 3 years, and now after all these mods, was planning on having to buy it at the end.

Isn't the buyout price the same as the residual value that was agreed upon at the signing of the lease? Did you just need something faster or was the residual value just too high when you signed up for it?

Appreciate the info
At lease end, your buyout amount will be equal to or lower than the estimated residual value from lease inception. My source is that I work in finance at a dealership.

Also, I have a complete air ride setup for sale if you're looking around. I had it on my 3 for a few months before turning her back to stock and trading her in. Literally everything you would need at a price point that you'll be pressed to find for just bags and struts.

To answer your original questions, if you're piecing together a brand new kit, expect to invest about $5,000 to $6,000 at least with installation when it's all said and done. I personally went with a more expensive Air Zenith compressor because it's quick and Air Lift V2 management because it's tried and true and simple to work with. Threw an aluminum tank in and even added an accessory line for tools or pumping up tires. Struts and bags from #becausebags

To install, I ditched the false floor under the carpet in my trunk and just attached the carpet bit to a wood cutout. Mounted my tank and compressor right up against the back seat and hardly lost any cargo space.

2014 Mazda3 sGrand Touring w/ Tech Pack & Appearance Pack
Racing Beat Exhaust - CS Springs - CS Plate Bracket - Progress Rear Sway Bar - CS LED Fogs - CS Interior Lights - Rally Armor Mudflaps - CS Big Front Brake Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mazda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode