Airbags/bagged/bagging mazda 3 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Fastlane
Points: 466, Level: 9 Points: 466, Level: 9 Points: 466, Level: 9
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Airbags/bagged/bagging mazda 3

Hey there!

Good day to all! Was searching the net for mods for suspension and bumped with air suspension/bags. Recently, been checking out air suspension system. For those who actually owned a 3 which was bagged, just got some questions here: How much does it cost(US based cost)? Labor plus the equipment itself. What's a good brand between accu-air vs air lift performance (if it is ok to ask it here)? Maintenance-wise? Do you have to get along with leaks or anything? Long term maintenance? Short term maintenance? How long have you had it installed? Was it worthy? How's the ride? If you can include pictures too. Would appreciate that! Thanks i n advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Loud3
Achtung!
Points: 7,450, Level: 57 Points: 7,450, Level: 57 Points: 7,450, Level: 57
Activity: 90%
Activity: 90% Activity: 90% Activity: 90%

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Garage

Expect to pay between $3000 and $4000, depending on what air management you go with, and how you choose to proceed with installation.

AccuAir has a lifetime warranty on all products, but AirLift has been around forever and knows their stuff. I've run both and have gone back to AirLift.

A proper install won't leak or cause any issues. I've had mine for 2 years or so, and have had other cars/trucks on air suspension prior. Cold weather maintenance is to make sure that you have watertraps installed and you drain them to prevent your lines freezing. Valves will occasionally stick, as well. Since I'm in the warmer neck of the woods, I basically just have to make sure everything is set up from the get-go.
minsanity, Fastlane and Road Trip like this.

AIMGAIN GIIMs
Bridgestone Potenza
Air Force Air Suspension
OEM+ Aero Kit
Ultimate Racing
Shaved
LLumar
The Following User Says Thank You to Loud3 For This Useful Post:
minsanity (03-07-2017)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Road Trip
Points: 2,326, Level: 29 Points: 2,326, Level: 29 Points: 2,326, Level: 29
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Garage
That is one great looking car @Loud3 . The de-badged rear of your car is super clean looking, and I totally like your car's very dark window tint, though that would get me so busted where I live in the Pacific Northwest -- but so needed where you live.

My wife was a little concerned about its stance driving down the road -- until I explained your air ride system to her, how it works (LOL).
Loud3 likes this.

Jan. 25th ordered Mazda 3 GT hatch; Feb. 3rd allocation awarded; Feb. 8th official options/color confirmed; Feb. 27th assembly completed; March 5th boarded 1st ship; March 6th-31st car lost somewhere within Japan;
April 1st revised boarding ETA onto cross-Pacific ship; April 14th ETA at Port of Tacoma; 1st week of May dealership arrival.

Below picture thanks and credit to Skagerstrom, for that is his beauty below, the inspiration for what our car will look like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Road Trip For This Useful Post:
Loud3 (03-07-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Fastlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud3 View Post

Expect to pay between $3000 and $4000, depending on what air management you go with, and how you choose to proceed with installation.

AccuAir has a lifetime warranty on all products, but AirLift has been around forever and knows their stuff. I've run both and have gone back to AirLift.

A proper install won't leak or cause any issues. I've had mine for 2 years or so, and have had other cars/trucks on air suspension prior. Cold weather maintenance is to make sure that you have watertraps installed and you drain them to prevent your lines freezing. Valves will occasionally stick, as well. Since I'm in the warmer neck of the woods, I basically just have to make sure everything is set up from the get-go.
Nice set-up for your 3! appreciate that. Ya was looking at the air lift performance kit. Right around the cost you said. What air management do you got?Was looking at their site and theres quite a few different air management system. How/where did they put the compressor/tank?

Thanks for sharing
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Loud3
Achtung!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
Nice set-up for your 3! appreciate that. Ya was looking at the air lift performance kit. Right around the cost you said. What air management do you got?Was looking at their site and theres quite a few different air management system. How/where did they put the compressor/tank?

Thanks for sharing
I use the 3P setup, but have installed the 3H and used the V2 in other vehicles. The V2 is budget friendly and has all the toys, minus presets. 3P has 3 preset pressures that you can hit one button to lift to, drop to. 3H has height sensors that are required, and runs on variable heights instead of pressure within the air bellows.

My tank and compressor are mounted in the rear hatch tucked away. I can still go grab a full hatch full of groceries.

AIMGAIN GIIMs
Bridgestone Potenza
Air Force Air Suspension
OEM+ Aero Kit
Ultimate Racing
Shaved
LLumar
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Fastlane

Quote:
I use the 3P setup, but have installed the 3H and used the V2 in other vehicles. The V2 is budget friendly and has all the toys, minus presets. 3P has 3 preset pressures that you can hit one button to lift to, drop to. 3H has height sensors that are required, and runs on variable heights instead of pressure within the air bellows.

My tank and compressor are mounted in the rear hatch tucked away. I can still go grab a full hatch full of groceries.
Is there an exact kit for the 3's? Or is it separately sold? Like should you get the V2 system Plus 3H or 3P system? Please excuse my questions.. I see that the 3H has more of the bells and whistles compared to the 3P.. is that right?

TY
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Fastlane

Quote:

Was also wondering about the space of the trunk, good thing you mentioned it too..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Loud3
Achtung!

Garage
The management is going to consist of : Air tank. Compressor. Wiring for Compressor. Valve block/controls. Wiring for Valve setup.
Then you pair that with the actual air sleeves/bags/struts via airline.

So, you'll need EITHER the V2 or 3H or 3P, not a combo of any of these.

Example - My setup is...
AirForce Suspension front suspension and AirForce Suspension rear suspension
Airlift 3P paired with a 4 gallon air tank, and an Air Zenith compressor.

There are "Bolt in" complete kits offered by AirForce Suspension and BecauseBags. BecauseBags is a modified and reinforced kit built from AirLift parts. Air Force uses similar parts to overseas providers, like Airrex.

AIMGAIN GIIMs
Bridgestone Potenza
Air Force Air Suspension
OEM+ Aero Kit
Ultimate Racing
Shaved
LLumar
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Loud3
Achtung!

Garage
Quick video
Road Trip likes this.

AIMGAIN GIIMs
Bridgestone Potenza
Air Force Air Suspension
OEM+ Aero Kit
Ultimate Racing
Shaved
LLumar
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Fastlane

Quote:
The management is going to consist of : Air tank. Compressor. Wiring for Compressor. Valve block/controls. Wiring for Valve setup.
Then you pair that with the actual air sleeves/bags/struts via airline.

So, you'll need EITHER the V2 or 3H or 3P, not a combo of any of these.

Example - My setup is...
AirForce Suspension front suspension and AirForce Suspension rear suspension
Airlift 3P paired with a 4 gallon air tank, and an Air Zenith compressor.

There are "Bolt in" complete kits offered by AirForce Suspension and BecauseBags. BecauseBags is a modified and reinforced kit built from AirLift parts. Air Force uses similar parts to overseas providers, like Airrex.
Thank you for the response. So your system is comprise not only of air lift performance parts but rather parts from different brands per se?...

So if am planning an air ride system probably I can buy different parts from different brands..

How's the ride? Does it compare to the stock? or better?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mazda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode