Last Chance to Back out of a Mazda3 Deal. SHOULD I? - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Ramez
Points: 238, Level: 4 Points: 238, Level: 4 Points: 238, Level: 4
Activity: 75%
Activity: 75% Activity: 75% Activity: 75%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Last Chance to Back out of a Mazda3 Deal. SHOULD I?

A shout out from Toronto, Canada. As I understand it, performance and packages seem a bit different from USA and Canada.

I am supposed to get my White mazda 3 Sport GTE next week. I was very excited until I read about a bunch of complaints about various issues.

1. Creaking and clicking noises when driving over bumps or gravol roads.

2. Loud noise when driving on the highway.

3. Bose system sounds like crap??!!

4. Nav system is inaccurate, annoying to use and difficult to personalize.

5. Gas mileage sucks.

6. Reliability. A few people have had their transmitions fail a bit after 100, 000 KMs. Some had to change their climate control motors and fans due to loud noise.

What has been your experience so far? Are these issues as bad as I have heard?

Today is Friday 29th, January 2010.

Tomorrow I am supposed to sign the final contract, already put a thousand dollars deposite.

Should I back out?

Another thing, I am thinking I should opt out of the GTE package.

1. Nav
2. Bose
3. AFS lights
4. Keyless engine starter

Costs $2000

I would love to get the lights and Keyless engine starter alone. But no such option is possible.

A lot of people have swaped their stock stereo for after market as well as using windshield mounted Navs.

I really like the car, but I am not sure the keyless engine starter and the ASF lights are worth the Extra money. I think it would be a better invesment to put some of the that money into extra warrenty and some of it towards after market stereo system.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 06:52 PM
drewzilla1981
Points: 8,122, Level: 60 Points: 8,122, Level: 60 Points: 8,122, Level: 60
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

dude! why would you repost the exact same thread again? you have lots of replies on the first one you posted.

Mods:
2010 Hatch GT Black Mica, 18" Drifz 207 wheels, black-out emblems, black fog trim, carbon fiber trunk emblem insert, CorkSport Motor Mount Insert, LEDs in Cupholders, TWM Short Shifter Plate, CorkSport SRI, MS3 Spoiler, Advanced Timing Mod, LED Daytime Running Lights, CF Pedals, Tri-Point RSB

Next Mods:
CorkSport exhaust, lots of AutoExe braces, Tein Springs, Racing Beat Front Sway Bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Ramez
Points: 238, Level: 4 Points: 238, Level: 4 Points: 238, Level: 4
Activity: 75%
Activity: 75% Activity: 75% Activity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewzilla1981 View Post
dude! why would you repost the exact same thread again? you have lots of replies on the first one you posted.
I posted it again to get some feed back from Canadians specifically.

Performence and reliability can differ from region to region.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Floopy
Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3

I would say if you have so many negative things to say about the car then dont buy it. Its a good car and reliable but if you go in negative it will meet your expectations. Any car will be terrible if you start off negative....sorry but thats my take.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
trexsk
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

well all i got to say is dont buy it used , unfortunately the dealership i bought my mazda 3 from didnt give me much info about the previous owner and now im experiencing some problems with the car . I love the looks the style the way you get in the car and feel like you can ZOOM ZOOM! i however have some negative response to the 2600 dollar extended warranty which i think i got suckered in considering mazda will warranty the car up to 80000km ! Some of the minor things that happened to me is a small rust spot on top of the roof , the tranny fluid is brown not sure why when the dealership said they changed it out and topped off my fluids. the power steering fluid is at min after having it for a month , a slight squeeling from the belt when driving 40- 50k per hour, and there telling me its a wheel alignment that has to be done . UGH! so if i were you buy it brand newwwwww
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 PM
CapnAL
Points: 3,470, Level: 36 Points: 3,470, Level: 36 Points: 3,470, Level: 36

If you're gonna buy used then check out everything. Bring friend with who knows about cars when you go shopping. Go over whole car body paint finish, trim, fluids, tires, interior. (On lot) run/rev engine while friend listens under hood and also stands behind car. Road test car. Listen for squeaks rattles. Try out all switches and knobs. ANYTHING that you don't like, then either get dealer to fix (and don't fking sign paper or part with any cash till items are fixed), or get dealer to reduce price, or best move if you have a bad gut feeling then don't buy it. There are thousands of used cars out there and some have even been well looked after. My advice, walk away if the car has any problems, especially if they are gonna cost you money once you leave the lot. You can usually negotiate a better deal if dealer has large inventory to move and same goes if there is only one Mazda sitting at a Chevy, Ford or Chrysler dealers lot etc.. Don't take no pressure s**t. Generally stay away from the small neighbourhood dealer who runs his biz out of a trailer or one room shack. Remember you're the shot caller here, not the dealer. (I agree TRESK. Best to buy new if you can do it.)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 03:47 AM
dunston
The One and Only
Points: 25,448, Level: 96 Points: 25,448, Level: 96 Points: 25,448, Level: 96

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

backout if you feel you need to. Take others advise and make the decision you feel is right.

M3R Moderator - PM me with any questions.

PARTS FOR SALE! ~~~>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<~~~

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 AM
LiquidM3SGT
Points: 1,888, Level: 25 Points: 1,888, Level: 25 Points: 1,888, Level: 25
Activity: 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

Just remember its easy to voice disgust over something on the internet. It's under warranty, and if anything happens, make the dealer fix it. Otherwise, as Dunston said, be happy with your choice.

2012 2.5 S GT
Corksport SRI
Corksport STB
Mazda Remote Start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
back , chance , deal , mazda3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode