0-60, 1/8 and 1/4

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Mrlandy 
#1 ·
70 degrees
0-60 in 7.82
1/8 10.54@72.1
1/4 15.95@92.0
Peak HP @ the wheels 133

Those are the times I just got on an abandoned street. Check mods below. This was done with the Dynolicious app on iPhone so don't take it too seriously. Before the intake, I got a best of 76 degrees 0-60 8.15 and 1/8 10.67@68.6 Peak whp 122. I also got 8.18 the next time I tried it. Could these times be believable? The peak hp is not reliable at all. You enter car's hp and it uses its accelerometer and calculates a 10% drivetrain loss. 7.82 seems damn fast for just some light wheels and an intake. It was 70 degrees. I'm right by the Ohio river so whatever elevation that is lol.

#10 ·
Everywhere I read is mid 8 0-60 but oh well. Motor mount and sticky tires should help out a lot.

According to CarandDriver.com, a new 2011 Mazda 3 5-door turned a 7.6 0-60 time. At the end of the long-term 40k test, it bested itself with a 7.4 0-60. This was a manual equiped model....do you have a slush-box 3? Funny, the 0-60 time was almost exactly what my 1984 Mustang GT (5.0, manual tranny, 7.5sec 0-60) achieved back in it's day.

#5 ·
I think people suck at launching. How much do I need for sub 7 0-60? If I got headers, axleback, motor mount, and nice tires do you think it could happen? Or am I going to need a tune and potentially cams from dyno? I'm at like 500 ft elevation.

#6 ·
launching in a FWD is retarded. sub 7 sec? make your car lighter. take your back seats out.. everything .. And make some sort of ram air duct built into the front that is HUGE and gives REAL ram air quality.

I've always thought how well a car would accelerate at highway speed with a LARGE ( like 1foot x 2 foot ) rectangular duct tapering straight into the throttlebody

#12 ·
Sorry, didn't realize you had the 2.0. I agree, the sub-8 0-60 is quite good. My point on the Mustang was....28 years ago, it took a V-8 to do what a 4cyl can accomplish today. My Mustang GT was a respectable pony car back then, what with the Z-28/Camaro emasculation and Chrysler going to front-wheel drive posers on almost all the cars in their stable (exception was the GLH....one fast little bastard).

Orangevirus is correct....lose weight, gain speed.

I enjoy your posts....

#13 ·
I have all kinds of mods trying to get to a quicker launch. Realized it was factory delay on electronic petal. i got a petal commander and get under 7. My car is fast for a mazda GT 2.5 with commander. Pedal commander still sells module for 2.5 and 2.0 mazdas. You can control petal delay on the fly on unit or with app via bluetooth. I leave mine on sport +, awesome!

I'll post a 0-60 and here are my mods. I have a torque pro on android head unit, morgan racing front strut tower stabilizers and front, rear sway bars. Super flat in high speed turns. Upgraded Moog 20 ML sway bar ends, Godspeed lowering speed springs, bilstein strut/shock pack, AES sealed cold air intake, borla stainless cat back, ceramic liqui-moly engine treatment and ceramic ATF additive to stop stuck shift from 90-110 in sport mode. 15mm spacers on potenza ultra performance tires on rolled fenders, AOI tweaks and belsee Android head unit with HD widescreen ODB connection, 80ml sound proofed and door gasket upgrades for sealed interior cabin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.