2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Frnchplayr15's Mazdaspeed 3 Build

89K views 617 replies 62 participants last post by  Frnchplayr15 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought Lucie on 3/23/13
2013 Velocity Red Mica with Tech Package

Her first snow

Sold this one!
You know sadly I should have done this a long time ago but never did it but I will update this correctly when I get the speed hopefully now in the next few weeks! Keeps getting delayed to get it. Argh
Anyway let me start this off from at least pictures I have and from what I can remember. Also sorry that most of my pics are taken at night since im constantly busy and only have my time late at night.

Here is my 2010 Mazda 3i sport picked up in August of 09 with 75 miles on the ODO

The first mod I did and stupid of course since I was cheap at the time. Custom built Cold Air Intake which I had built at school.

I then purchased some DDM apexcone 12k lights

The first real mod I did and also hardest to date was to weld these Hella 500 in the front bumper and rivet the Hella 2500 Optilux Fogs into the fog spots. Had the help from a local shop at the time! Also had added the LED strip underneath the Headlight housing to give some ok effect.

Here was a video I posted awhile back

Also I had added an Eonon D2217 system which you'll see in the video and BTW I do not recommend piece of junk and Im already back to stock for now! I paid for what I got

Here's with all the lights I had at the time

Also purchased my rims from a friend for $50 who had them on a mazdaspeed protege but had someone crash and total his car and had no room for these rims! Rims came with junk tires Barum Bravuris 2 205/40/17 but had 40% tread left so I wasted them as fast I could since they made the car looked really raised haha which it still is I know!

Later in October I purchased a Simota SRI gladly enjoying that still

Then went to EECMM in October and purchased from Derrick himself from Corksport the LED kit

Oh and also installed foot well lights back in May

Also in May I painted my calipers red and got some Red Gorilla Lug nuts sorry car was dirty at the time and was only pic I had lol

If I remember correctly did this in April my emblems and did Evil M but my way not the really curvy way

I painted my housing black and the high beams chrome blue and added a LED underneath to give a glow as a DRL sort of!

Ok so heres the headlight baked and opened(They are such a pain and be careful I suggest using a heat gun. I was able to fit the headlight in my oven(surprisingly:shocked:) And it was a tight fit and it burned some of my plastic

Here's is the result of my first coat all black and the High Beams area is blue!

The products I used which are great. I think I should have chosen a high heat clear coat but as of right now it seems fine

Now the finished look plus I added a LED strip to give a small effect to the car(The LED strip will not show when completely installed its hidden)

Ok everything is now installed

The LED effect is hard to see but it makes my headlight glow

This still doesnt show the full effect

And as of right now my last project which I did this past weekend
So I retrofitted my fogs with 3k HID's, installed a mazdaspeed 3 exhaust, oil change, and installed some superbrightled.com bulbs in reverse lights! Also a lil bummed today someone backed into me I guess while I was at the gym and knocked out one of my Hella 500 lights! Oh well time to upgrade to something brighter I guess.
Here's the reverse lights dont have pictures of mine but heres the bulbs

Sadly I wasn't thinking when I got this but I totally forgot that the MS3 exhaust is 2 in shorter than mine! I went to store and got some temporary pipes until I can find some tips to weld or bolt on to extend the exhaust!

Here it is with some shitty piping lol

And here we go with my fogs now! They came out green which I liked even better I guess it was due to my yellow overlay film

Here with 12K and 3k lights on

More updates to come!

See less See more
1 45
Reactions: XxKoleshiyaxX
#2 ·
so out of curiosity, what is the story with the black front bumper cover? did you just decide you wanted it that way and painted/vinyled it?

#3 · (Edited)
No no no when I did the auxiliary light project I just bought an extra bumper so I could mess it up and if need to return to stock just put the original on! It's not painted either and I kinda liked it that way so I just left it lol I always keep all my parts so I can always return to stock plus I work at the dealership so I get discounts on parts so I can buy extras and if customer decide to upgrade there cars and dont want the parts I get to keep them so I got bunch of stuff so I could return this car perfectly back to the way it was when I bought it in a few days!

#4 ·
ah ok. makes sense

#6 ·
Thanks Derrick! BTW did you guys get my email about ideas on headlights and taillights?

#8 ·
Love those Konig spokes. Any plans of color matching the bumpers? I think that will complete the look.

#10 ·
Just got my new exhaust tips today to extend the mazdaspeed 3 exhaust so it doesnt look like crap! Hopefully I can weld them on tomorrow!

#13 ·
craigslist and some parts through ebay

#14 ·
Sooooo..................when's the switch to the MS3 gonna happen?

#15 · (Edited)
I'm shooting for next week I just got a new job! Plus I got to fix this piece of crap up but this job might prove to fix it up easily and fast! Lol I already started buying parts for the speed lol I just want the damn thing! My dealership I work at is saving me a black mica speed. Trust me you'll be the first one to know when I get it lol.

Reactions: warlord
#16 ·
Well tomorrow is the first day of bringing back the car to stock! Bought OEM fog lights and putting them on with yellow overlay and blacking out the fog bezel. Bought a new rear bumper got a 2.5 rear so I can have another hole for the dual exhaust. Bought new emblems. Debating if I should replace the front bumper with a new one to get rid of the holes from the rally lights. Need some opinions people.
1.Should I restore the headlights back to stock or leave them?
2.Replace the front bumper with old one and paint LSM or leave it and paint it LSM with the holes (I guess this one depends on the buyer)

#17 ·
Ok little update I hate my work they've made a few mistakes already so more time to wait for me to sell the car!
First time I ordered my new tire and came back wrong with 225/45/18 so then told them to reoder it well yesterday I got the new one and didnt even pay attention and put my tire back on just to find out its 245/45/17 so now my right front tire is is wide as hell lol. Second ordered the stock fogs, they got that right but they got the wrong fog bezels so I have to reorder those or get a new front bumper and then gotta repaint the two bumpers

#18 ·
I'm going to be of little help... But... do you have to trade your current 3 in or could you sell it privately? If you sell it privately you could probably get it sold as is.

#19 ·
Well somethings have to be done but yeah I'm trying to sell it privately

#20 ·
Well it looks like the verdict is out for me now. MS3 is on hold GF got laid off her job so now I have to support her for the time being. Going to trade in the car for 1996 Miata MX-5 for 4,300 with 89k miles and do a build from there. Ill probably end up having the MS3 once the GF has a new job. Im def gonna turbo the miata and keep my build thread as well. But Ill be glad to be doing this since I've always wanted a NA MX-5. Ill still be on this forum a hell of a lot and I might sell some parts who knows.

#22 · (Edited)
Lol its all good was hoping to get the speed then the MX-5 but its better off this way I guess.
This is the one Im getting

#24 ·
Of course Im hoping to have in this thread the miata and MS3 build

#25 ·
I'm more excited for this than anything else on this forum right now. I seriously love those cars and there is so much you can do with them. Well compared to a 3i at least. Maybe not to a civic XD

#26 ·
If I trade it in I should have about 6,000-7000 worth of spending. First things will be to get the interior cleaned and have redone carpet and seats. Next is to replace all parts in the engine, Im sure somethings will work. Lots of replacing to do probably will see later. Then rims, tires, suspenion, and basic things and well see if I decide to spend it on a FM turbo.

#28 ·
Oh my god you got a Miata.... I sold my 93 Miata so I can finance my move to Florida... I found an extra grand in saving bonds and I am thinking of putting that 1000 down to get a 97 with 96,000 miles on it. I think though two new cars in two months is too much...

But if you have any questions on the Miata do ask. I rebuilt my engine and my entire interior.

Reactions: Frnchplayr15
#29 ·
Ill keep that in mind thanks

#31 · (Edited)
If I were to do that that would be far down the road right now ill stick to turbo lol.

#33 ·
Im just gonna probably stay withe same engine and rebuild it

#37 ·
Damn Im pissed was trying to go this week to pick up that MX-5 but it got sold today. These cars are somewhat hard to get since the min there on a lot there gone within a few days. Anyway heres the next one im gonna try to work with its in Pittsburgh PA 1997 MX-5
Mileage: 87,671
1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Base - $4,990
Engine: 1.8L I4 16V MPFI DOHC

Anyone in Pittsburgh area know anything about this dealer Pittsburgh Auto Depot II??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.