2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Clubfed11's 2015 Build Log

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  clubfed11 
#1 · (Edited)
What up all. Decided I should start a thread for my car as I just got a few things in the mail and should be slapping them on this week/end.

A lil backstory about me/the car:

This is the 4th car I've owned. Before that was:
1) 1990 Toyota Tercel ($500) Automatic
2) 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 (Lease) Automatic
3) 2012 Nissan Altima 3.5 (Lease) Automatic
Currently-2015 Mazda 3 Sedan 2.5 Manual (s Touring)

On the Altima I had: Nismo full cat back, H&R Lowering Springs, Intake, ect.
I also ride motorcycles mainly, had to get a car again as I have been working on a lot of projects and I like to hike/backpack so it was hard to carry things around/hike with a motorcycle.

1) 97 Yamaha FZR 6
2) 2003 Suzuki GSXR 750
3) 1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
4) 1984 Honda Magna V45 750
Currently-2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636

Anyway enough about all that. As this is the first real car (tercel didn't count but was a shit load of fun) that I own I will be really modifying it and trying to make it how I want. I'm focusing on power, then handling, then cosmetics. Rims/Tires/Drop are in the bag but I'm going to do those last due to money. I was also really disappointed when I lowered the '12 Altima on H&Rs. It rode great but it was a daily driver and I always had hella friends in there, constantly bottoming out (the car frame, bottom, not the tires) and speed bumps were a Beyotch. Would love to put it on air but I don't have money like that to throw into the car. Maybe down the line, who knows.

Current Mods Completed:

CS Short Ram Intake with K&N Heat Shield
Racing Beat Axle Back Exhaust
CS Short Shifter
JBR Shifter Bushings
JBR Heavy Shift Knob
CS Rear Motor Mount
Tanabe Strut Bar
Progress Rear Sway Bar
5k HID Headlights
3K HID Fog Lights
Interior/License Plate LEDs

Future Mods Wanted:

Orange Virus Tune
Rims, Tires (really like the MB Battles)
Springs/Coilovers depending on money

Cosmetics:
Window Tints (want to do the front as well, clear, just for temps)
Plasti-Dip/Wrap: Grill V, Fog Chrome, Window Chrome, Back+Front Mazda Badges, maybe the stock rims for now.
De-Badge the Mazda 3 and Skyactiv emblems on the back (DONE)
Other random crap I can think of...

Pics of day 1 below. Thanks for reading! Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great start to your build thread. (For some reason I see no pics.) Anyway, looking forward to hearing (and seeing!) more as things proceed. :wink:

#5 ·
Honestly I miss that tercel. It was a little hatchback and I took it up to Tahoe a few times. The guy before me drove it up to burning man. I actually learned how to drive on it because I bought it off my family friend.
Yes the Altima was on oem rims and tires. Didn't know that. Good looking.

I just installed the racing beat axle back. A little quiet for my taste. Hopping the OVT will spice it up a bit and maybe it'll get louder after settling in a bit. Or I could just throw a race pipe on there lol.

Also got my interior LEDs in. Will post pics in a few. Attached are a few I just took of the exhaust. Cheers

Attachments

#7 ·
I don't really want to do anything that isn't reversible to be honest, but yes that would certainly make it louder. I read a few posts about an OVT really bringing the exhaust alive so I'll wait till after that to see how I like it. The knob, bushings and short shifter plate came in today! Will be installing them tomorrow hopefully.

#11 ·
#8 ·
i highly recommend 3m crystalline tint, especially if you are going for heat rejection. i had 40% on all windows and it was amazing for heat rejection. they also have 40%, 60,70. 80, 90%. pretty light, but crazy heat rejection.
only down side is it is on the kinda expensive side. but well worth it

#9 ·
Looking forward to seeing the progress! You'l love the CS short shifter... huge difference! I love mine.

I'm curious why you went with JBR bushings though. Unless it was a special offer at the time, I got my shift bushings free with my short shifter. Did something sway you to go with JBR for them and spring the extra $?

#10 ·
#12 ·
Cool I'll check that out. Thanks.
I got the CS Short Shifter plate installed along with the JBR Knob and Bushings. Getting that knob to the correct position was a bitch but I finally got it. Car feels really nice now. I really think the OVT is going to make it feel solid.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Small update:
Just installed the CS RMM. Noticed some nice improvement but MAN when at idle this thing vibrates! I'll get used to it. Does anyone know how stiff the OEM one was? CS says theirs is "70A durometer"
I should be getting around to the next mod soon.

What would you guys suggest? Rear Sway, Strut or Tints? I kinda wanted to get the RSB and Strut brace then do the tune after.

okay you guys took too long to reply lol so I ordered the strut and sway. Strut was $112 shipped and Sway was $150 shipped!

#18 ·
I haven't updated this build in awhile. Since the last update I have done the following:

Installed 5K DDM Tunning HIDs
Cheapo amazon 3k HIDs in the fog lights
Progress rear sway bar, going to put it on the stiffer setting soon
debadged the back of the car, removed the Mazda 3 and Skyactiv emblems

My buddy just got a 2017 2.5 GT in the same color, hatchback auto. Going to have him join the forum and say hi.

Next mod...........most likely the Tune! Super excited about that!
Also some cosmetics along the way hopefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.