rck_mtn_climber's Build Thread - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
rck_mtn_climber
Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39 Points: 3,885, Level: 39
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Garage
rck_mtn_climber's Build Thread

EDIT: NONE OF THIS IS REALLY UP TO DATE. GO TO MOST RECENT PAGE FOR PICS, CHECK SIGNATURE FOR MODS

Here's the most current photo. Progression pics will be edited into the OP below it!

Current Mods:
ADVAN RZ 18x8 +37 Bronze | ISC N1 Adjustable Coils | CS Power Series Exhaust | K2 Headlights | CS Swaybar | Semi-Custom Diffuser | GV Spoiler | Hankook Ventus V12 S1 Noble2 225/40/18 | Varrstoen V48 Neochrome Lug Nuts | CS SRI | 30/20% Tint | Black Emblems | Paint Matched Grille | JDM Rain Guards | OEM Sideskirts | Blue Interior LEDs | Adjustable Center Console | 5mm Rear H&R Spacer
Upcoming Mods:
CS LED | 6000K HID | Side Skirt Extensions | CS Front/Rear Adjustable Swaybar End-links | CS RMM Insert | CS Mid Chassis Brace | 10-15mm Rear Spacer, Switch 5mm to Front | Paint matched Low Profile Eyelids
Owned/Not in Use
Enkei RPF1 18x8.5 +40 Silver (WINTER) | Rally Armor Mud-Flaps | Wing Raisers [Gone] | Koni STR.T Struts | | Roadmagnet 1.25” Springs | Kazera KZ-P 16x7.5 +45 Black/Silver Trim | Black-Eyelids | Sumitomo Tour Plus LSH 205/55/16 | Black Eyelids

The first picture I ever saw of her!

She arrived from Maine during the Super Bowl! I'm a huge football fan (Colts!) but this couldn't wait so I drove out to meet her!

My first car ever!

The first mods I did to her: Black eyelids and emblems and took off the front license plate (the one good thing about florida haha).

New kicks- 16x7" Kazera KZ-P's! I'm keeping them until I wear out my tires then I'll go to 17's or 18's. (pre-lowering and tinting)

CS SRI

Road Magnet lowering springs (1.25") and Koni STR.T struts installed. Also 30% front and 20% rear tint.

After repainting the grille (Maaco) and installing the wing raisers

Rally Armor Mud Flaps

Rain Guards

OEM Sideskirts + Road Magnet sticker (may remove, not sure)

Blue Interior LED's

Mockup of potential wheels

Potential wheels fell through but now I get to show off my actual ones :big grin: I hated these wheels when I first got into modifying my car but I fell in love with everything about them and saved up

Wheel and tire specs are in signature or at the top of the thread (and I weighed the wheels at 17.5lbs each), tires in the pics are Sumitomo touring something or other because they put the wrong ones on!!! Now i'm on Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 which are a huge improvement over both the Sumitomos in 16" and 18"

I'm in the process of making the center caps for them, not sure exactly which route I'm going though at the moment. Working on them with my buddy who has a mustang on 20x10.5" Vossen cv3's so after I finish my wheels and after he dips his car we're gonna do a photoshoot

I think I will get spacers relatively soon for the rears as the fronts have the perfect amount of poke for my taste but the rears are a tad bit tucked. Nothing major though. I also wasn't on hub centric rings last set-up (BIG MISTAKE) even the rings on the same (but lower profile) tire make it feel better than having no rings but a larger tire.

The Varrstoen Neo-chrome Lug nuts absolutely glow when the wheels reflect them!

Spent 2 hours cleaning the rust behind the centercaps yesterday, not the best angle for the after picture but the only closeup I had from before
Before:

After:

That allowed me to make MK.1 of my DIY centercaps! I traded my friend a shoutout on instagram for some black vinyl and then bought a pack of 10 white Enkei stickers on ebay (for like $6). I also bought four 2" wide metal circles with expandable tabs behind them from (I think) Home Depot (for like $2 each).

Now I'm just waiting on the GV spoiler and Corksport liscense plate to arrive!
Also centercaps MK.2 will occur after that friend plasti dips his car. He's going for that gold with purple flake that (I think) Paulnur has on instagram and we're gonna dip the caps with the leftover! Will probably happen sometime in the next couple weeks.

I've had my CorkSport swaybar for about 9 months now and had previously been planning to pay for the installation as I didn't think I would be able to do it myself. But I've always wanted to do this stuff myself so I went out, bought a couple of tools I didn't have as well as chocks and wheel ramps so I could install it. It was the FIRST time I've ever been underneath a car and I definitely know it won't be my last, I'm already trying to make excuses to do more underbody/suspension mods! I'm not gonna post a review of it or anything though cause everyone else has done it, anyway the swaybar is so good!

I'm not in any rush to create the MK.2 center caps now, so I'm just waiting for my GV spoiler to arrive in the mail. I will probably get some 5-10mm spacers for the rear wheels soon, and tomorrow I'll post the CorkSport license plate pics as well as better ones of the new stickers that I've been rocking on my side skirts (you can kinda see them in one of the pics about my swaybar). Other than that I miiiight go lower (but it costs a ton of money!), I miiiight get a big brake kit (but they're so expensive!), and I miiiight get a front lip (but it costs money!). I'll just wait and see where the car takes me!

GV SPOILER! After spending a month waiting it finally shipped! And after one more week it arrived. But I was in a different state. And the first day I got back was Easter. So I had to wait another day. . All in all it 1/8th of my year was spent waiting for it to arrive :0. Anyway it's on now and that's what is important. I don't wanna say "jdm is jdm" and that it has the greatest fitment known to man but it was preeeety spot on. No one but me would ever notice the little bit of extra gap. All in all worth it cause a) its huge b) its sexy c) unique d) looks good from all angles e) hella quieter than the wing raisers at highway speeds f) doesn't shake when I close the goddamn trunk like the wing raiser did!

Am looking into coils when I have the money!
Update: Have money not sure if I want coils though. Can't decide how I want to go lower and how much lower.

K2 Headlights in!

Just getting on the ramps was a struggle.

But I made it!

Bumper off! (Just followed video on their website.)

Almost done

And here's some more finished pics for you. I'll try to take some this evening when it's a little darker. But I love them so far! I just gotta re-buy some eyelids, totally didn't crack my old ones trying to get them off. Yeah totally didn't...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

INSTAGRAM:MZ.III
Current Mods:
X-Sport Bumper | ADVAN RZ 18x8 +37 Bronze | Shaved Hatch | ISC N1 Coils | MSDS Headers | CS Exhaust | K2 Headlights | 6000K HIDs | CS Swaybar | Semi-Custom Diffuser | GV Spoiler | Hardline RMM 70a |Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 225/40/18 | Varrstoen V48 Neochrome Lugs | CS SRI | 30/20% Tint | JDM Rain Guards | OEM Sideskirts w/ Extensions | Eyelids | Shark Fin | CS 5K LEDs | Adjustable Console | 5mm H&R Spacer [R] | Wiper Delete

Last edited by rck_mtn_climber; 06-20-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 AM
razerer
Silver Surfer
Points: 14,328, Level: 77 Points: 14,328, Level: 77 Points: 14,328, Level: 77
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Looks good

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2013 LSM Mazdaspeed 3 - Cobb SoCal Tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to razerer For This Useful Post:
rck_mtn_climber (07-29-2013)
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 01:21 PM
swerv0428
Celest Zoom-Zoom
Points: 18,452, Level: 86 Points: 18,452, Level: 86 Points: 18,452, Level: 86

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

Up close I'm not feeling the wing risers. You can see the cut out where the wing should be. But from a distance it looks good. Love the front bumper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM
madmark023
Points: 5,783, Level: 49 Points: 5,783, Level: 49 Points: 5,783, Level: 49
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

^^ too.. Love the front bumper too.
post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:08 PM
X RODNEY X
Points: 766, Level: 14 Points: 766, Level: 14 Points: 766, Level: 14
Activity: 79%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

im into the risers... where did you get those
post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Crespo
College Zoom-Zoom
Points: 19,491, Level: 88 Points: 19,491, Level: 88 Points: 19,491, Level: 88
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

Is the underside of the wing painted?

^^^My build thread^^^
Click the picture, you know you wanna...

Have something you want to sell on the forum? Abide by the rules.

post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
rck_mtn_climber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crespo View Post
Is the underside of the wing painted?
Yup! I'm away from home right now but i'm almost 100% certain it's painted.

Current Mods:
X-Sport Bumper | ADVAN RZ 18x8 +37 Bronze | Shaved Hatch | ISC N1 Coils | MSDS Headers | CS Exhaust | K2 Headlights | 6000K HIDs | CS Swaybar | Semi-Custom Diffuser | GV Spoiler | Hardline RMM 70a |Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 225/40/18 | Varrstoen V48 Neochrome Lugs | CS SRI | 30/20% Tint | JDM Rain Guards | OEM Sideskirts w/ Extensions | Eyelids | Shark Fin | CS 5K LEDs | Adjustable Console | 5mm H&R Spacer [R] | Wiper Delete
post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
rck_mtn_climber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv0428 View Post
Up close I'm not feeling the wing risers. You can see the cut out where the wing should be. But from a distance it looks good. Love the front bumper.
Thanks about the bumper! And about the risers: I actually really like it because it's different and it does look better in person, I've gotten nothing but compliments. It still hides most of the cutouts unless you stand on a raised surface (i.e. stairs) in front of the car. I understand that it's not for everyone, but I didn't want to just do the generic speed3 wing. And also it's kind of like those bright yellow fog lights and super blue hid's everyone seems to get. I personally am not a fan of them but apparently a lot of other people are!

Current Mods:
post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
rck_mtn_climber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by X RODNEY X View Post
im into the risers... where did you get those
Wing Risers

That thread says how to do it, but if you are willing to wait a little I should be making a "how to" thread soon!

Current Mods:
post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
X RODNEY X
Points: 766, Level: 14 Points: 766, Level: 14 Points: 766, Level: 14
Activity: 79%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

IM WAITING :-)

THE 2.5 WING LOOKS MORE AGGRESSIVE THAN THE SKYACTIVE ONE BUT STILL LOOKS DOPE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
build , rckmtnclimber , thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode