2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Sin_loki's DD fun car bulid

25K views 153 replies 25 participants last post by  sin_loki 
#1 · (Edited)
HI! i been here for a few months now and behind some of crazy internet persona of me there has been some "building" of my Mazdaspeed3

before i get to mazda goods, little back drop.... (think doctor who time machine sounds)

My last car was bought on a wim, and with little to no practical use behind it, from older hobbies and "bad influencing" parenting of making thing go as fast as you could..

Meet the S2k

grocery runs for mother on the where a little hard..

after a few years and a few mods, not all suggested by my father...

and the power of teh internet, and track days

you meet strange and interesting people

but atlas some things are not to last, as the need to move thing and needing more space for "life" the S2k had to go, as i don't have room for more cars :sad 1:

after some research, and getting my ass handing to me by a few of them.... i looked in Mazdaspeed ownership,
Upsides: power!, spaaaaaccceee, and better mpg.
downs: no more RWD.

But in the end..
meet the MS3 with Tech pkg

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
some of the first starting mods where simple, Make it match..

Plasti-dip is fun

and then the windows 35% in the front 5% in the rear (I live in a rural California town, deal with it)

and it all about the little things....

#3 ·
with the basic visuals, time to bring back a little of the fun back...

if you own an MS3 for any amount of time, you know the stock motor mount is crap if you drive it hard.
said offending part...

it got replaced with the hardcore JBR 88A dogbone

haven't looked back yet..

also picked up the JBR short shift plate, because i though the stock short was like a pickup truck.

real nice piece

since they came with my order...

can't tell from buddys car with out them to my car with them...

#4 ·
since the mazda is a FWD car, and was in some need of oversteer, i picked up the Tri-point race RSB with adjustable endlinks

and to get rid of the annoying limiters, cobb AP that i picked up used for cheap

and not to forget the most basic upgrade to any gen2 speed, Auto tech internals

these are so easy to install, i even done one in a parking lot. at work.

#5 ·
Car stayed like that for months when i ate mostly ramen noodles and saved my moneys

first oh, was the cobb V3, that i did the trade for.

that one lasted 2 weeks before it broke and cobb had to send me an 2nd one.

smooth sailing since

also picked up a neat holder for it too

#6 ·
with me still saving my mod money up, and needing tires, it was time to hit the track and find areas of improvement.

pre-track day

track day

What i learned at track day
car needs some noise, it too dam quite. on par with a Prius
the TMIC is prone to heat soak like a mother, worse if you get stuck in traffic
stock suspension is a little soft.
the rear RSB is awesome
the stock tires where horrible
and i won my bet

#7 · (Edited)
then came the SPEND!!

CP-E turbo back, CP-E FMIC and K-sport coils.

won another bet that it wouldn't all fit in the car.

Tetris is soo a useable skill

next day,
JBR stage 2 intake

#8 ·
*insert mad Scientist laugh*

so it begins 8 in the morning...

don't need this...

or that..

might need some of that back...

Dat Turbo.

stock removed

more parts!

Downpipe installed!

more sexy CP-E goodies

old bumper..

new bumper..

intake

Install didn't go un-hindered, the stock down pipe is a real bitch to get the nuts off, and out of the car. the aftermarket one was cake.

My Jbr intake was missing the machine screws that held the MAF sensor in place, and one of the small hose clamps was missing, cost of 1.50 and time spent. Not the end of the world but annoyed.

the FMIC was just a huge time suck, but once it was all together the stock BPV hose was too short by 1-3/4" and had to make my own temp hose to get the car moving, and boy it wasn't pretty...

doesn't leak though

Edgeautosport lost a few point for basically telling me, "It's not our fault, but it's your problem" and simply told me to buy the CP-E hose :001_huh 1: to fit the FMIC that clearly states that it uses the "oem" location, since this was not the case, that hose should have come with the kit and not be an "extra" for an 1K kit. so with edgeautosports answer of just buy it... i went to the higher source, I contacted CP-E directly. glad i did, as they answered by shipping me a new hose that will make it once piece and said sorry for my inconvenience. fuck ya

#15 ·
ordered Cobb XLE BPV and set a date to get my shit professionally tuned at SoCal Cobb on Jan 2 2014.
(so if see an red MS3 heading north / south on the 405 that day, be me)

Reactions: mazdaspeedmyk
#19 ·
Next up on the install list...

after that mod money goes to the state of CA, gotta renew my motorcycle and the MS3 Tags :argh 1:

#22 ·
1/30/14
installed my K-sport coils

getting the rear camber arms out was an real bitch on the passenger side. also setting the rear to be level was very time consuming.

Front install was fairly straight forward, WD-40 and hammer was my friend

the brake line holder didn't work too well so did the "race car" method

got everything bolted on, installed the wheels, tried to roll them....
SCRAPE...

the stock bracket that holds the ABS(?) sensor was rubbing the wheel, quick trip to the bench grinder

quick coat of marine enamel, all was good

#23 ·
Damn why haven't I seen this awesome thread of yours! We willl be twinsies soon! Are you ever going to get a video of that sexy exhaust. I'm uploading one as we speak since I'm currently getting tuned and thought of making an exhaust pull video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.