Joel's 2011 CWP Mazda 3! - Page 2 - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Joel
Points: 5,678, Level: 48 Points: 5,678, Level: 48 Points: 5,678, Level: 48
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1421222726.438260.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	839.6 KB
ID:	93793

Hopefully the picture comes out okay, I'm uploading from my iPhone. Ordered a 4gal tank and 2 viair compressors with hardware. It'll be the start of my bagbuild. I have yet to install my header and buy brackets for the seats. Looking into doing a single exit exhaust with bumper swap but keeping the corksport piping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 CWP Mazda 3 Sport in Portland, OR!
Check out my progress:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel For This Useful Post:
rck_mtn_climber (01-15-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:18 PM
DAYTEK
The New CWP 3
Points: 6,011, Level: 50 Points: 6,011, Level: 50 Points: 6,011, Level: 50
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Man I can't imagine how exciting that is seeing that infront of you... I'm pretty sure I'm losing sleep just thinking about lowering my car and all my plans hahaha
Joel likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to DAYTEK For This Useful Post:
Joel (01-14-2015)
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTEK View Post
Man I can't imagine how exciting that is seeing that infront of you... I'm pretty sure I'm losing sleep just thinking about lowering my car and all my plans hahaha

Haha it's basically all that I think about too. I had coilovers for about a month and then decided to take them off for this. What are some of your plans for lowering? Are you looking into Airride?

Check out my progress:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 PM
DAYTEK
The New CWP 3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Haha it's basically all that I think about too. I had coilovers for about a month and then decided to take them off for this. What are some of your plans for lowering? Are you looking into Airride?

I'd never be able to do bags where I live, my car's my daily and the winter is vicious (Canada...) so I'm sure it would destroy the bags... So I'm going the coilover route with BC coilovers, I'm decided on BC's unless some insane deal on good coilovers comes my way but I doubt that... For the summer I want to tuck some tire and then raise it back up for the winter, need to powdercoat my wheels candy teal so there's alot going on hahaha that's what it seems like to me atleast...

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Joel

Quote:
I'd never be able to do bags where I live, my car's my daily and the winter is vicious (Canada...) so I'm sure it would destroy the bags... So I'm going the coilover route with BC coilovers, I'm decided on BC's unless some insane deal on good coilovers comes my way but I doubt that... For the summer I want to tuck some tire and then raise it back up for the winter, need to powdercoat my wheels candy teal so there's alot going on hahaha that's what it seems like to me atleast...

You should contact airlift or whichever vendor and see how their bags hold up to weather. I daily my 3 as well. I've been stock piling all the things I've bought cuz I haven't had time or the money to install. So i definitely feel like it's a slow process. My bc's are for sale but I'm in the states, oregon. They're barely used but I've been asking not much less than a new set would be.

Check out my progress:
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 PM
DAYTEK
The New CWP 3

Garage
Quote:
You should contact airlift or whichever vendor and see how their bags hold up to weather. I daily my 3 as well. I've been stock piling all the things I've bought cuz I haven't had time or the money to install. So i definitely feel like it's a slow process. My bc's are for sale but I'm in the states, oregon. They're barely used but I've been asking not much less than a new set would

I've thought about it, but my car's outside all winter, no garage or anything so it would probably be testing the limits of how well it lasts as it's out there for 6 months of winter and I figure no point in spending money on that... Shipping would be rank to Canada which is unfortunate for everything I buy from the states so coils are definitely going to be bought from somebody in Canada! I can't even compare to having the parts and not being able to put them on... My parts are just in my head hahaha

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Joel

Quote:
I've thought about it, but my car's outside all winter, no garage or anything so it would probably be testing the limits of how well it lasts as it's out there for 6 months of winter and I figure no point in spending money on that... Shipping would be rank to Canada which is unfortunate for everything I buy from the states so coils are definitely going to be bought from somebody in Canada! I can't even compare to having the parts and not being able to put them on... My parts are just in my head hahaha

Oregon winters are just lots of rain haha. I think I'll so some searching and see how bags hold up in certain weathers.
And yeah I've had my coilovers for about a year and then I finally installed them during the summer and then I took them off about a month later. Lol

Check out my progress:
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:28 PM
DAYTEK
The New CWP 3

Garage
Quote:
Oregon winters are just lots of rain haha. I think I'll so some searching and see how bags hold up in certain weathers.
And yeah I've had my coilovers for about a year and then I finally installed them during the summer and then I took them off about a month later. Lol

Just a lot of brutal cold here -40 every winter and tons of snow, if it only rains for your winter bags are
definitely the way to go! Why wouldn't you leave them on until you got bags?? Too rough for you?

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Joel

Quote:
Just a lot of brutal cold here -40 every winter and tons of snow, if it only rains for your winter bags are
definitely the way to go! Why wouldn't you leave them on until you got bags?? Too rough for you?

I did a quick search on it and some people have been on Airride for a few years at very low temps. It's just depends on what precautions you take. Like Anti freeze in the lines.
And I took them off because I thought I was going to sell them right away. And then make the purchase on Black Friday. There was a pretty nice deal but I ended up not having enough money. I sold my wheels but that wasn't until after haha. So now I'm just saving. I've thought about putting them back on in the spring tho. I miss the lows. I loved how the bcs rode. They were rough but I liked it haha.

Check out my progress:
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 PM
DAYTEK
The New CWP 3

Garage
Quote:
I did a quick search on it and some people have been on Airride for a few years at very low temps. It's just depends on what precautions you take. Like Anti freeze in the lines.
And I took them off because I thought I was going to sell them right away. And then make the purchase on Black Friday. There was a pretty nice deal but I ended up not having enough money. I sold my wheels but that wasn't until after haha. So now I'm just saving. I've thought about putting them back on in the spring tho. I miss the lows. I loved how the bcs rode. They were rough but I liked it haha.

Fair enough then, but who knows how long I'm going to keep this car and I feel it'd be a lot easier to sell some coils compared to a bag set or a car with a bag set where I live. That and coilovers are cheaper so low sooner I'd definitely put them back on... Lows is an addiction... Hahaha that sucks that are your selling and buying didn't work out... Soon enough you'll get your bags!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 , cwp , joel , mazda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode