pepperdro
Insert Witty Title Here..
Points: 2,963, Level: 33 Points: 2,963, Level: 33 Points: 2,963, Level: 33
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks Button

I think that while the thanks button is extremely useful, and beneficial, especially for new forum members, there isn't enough knowledge about this button to be used properly. Do you think we could sticky something that explains exactly what this function is, and how it should be used in the forums? I know that it would probably help cut down clutter tremendously from all the agreement posts. Just a suggestion.

2010 Mazda3 i-Touring Graphite Mica Bose/Sunroof package

Mods:*WOLO EXTRA LOUD LOW NOTE HORN*FRONT WELL/CUPHOLDER BLUE LED LIGHTING*XENON FOOTPEDALS*KENWOOD EXCELON DNX6960*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Scooby
Super Moderator
Points: 4,684, Level: 43 Points: 4,684, Level: 43 Points: 4,684, Level: 43
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperdro View Post
I think that while the thanks button is extremely useful, and beneficial, especially for new forum members, there isn't enough knowledge about this button to be used properly. Do you think we could sticky something that explains exactly what this function is, and how it should be used in the forums? I know that it would probably help cut down clutter tremendously from all the agreement posts. Just a suggestion.
there are about 2340234 things I want to sticky and move around, but it has been approx. 5 days since being made a mod and I still haven't been assigned to sections so I can't sticky/delete/move/lock any threads.....please feel free to PM the administration about this since none of the new mods can do anything about it yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your friendly M3R Moderator.
Quote:
When a machine, a car, is perfect in its machinery, you can never fall in love with it. But when a car is old and it has faults, makes mistakes, then it becomes human. Only then can you have a human relationship with it. -- Jeremy Clarkston

Classifieds Vouch List:
Argon
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:22 PM
dunston
The One and Only
Points: 25,448, Level: 96 Points: 25,448, Level: 96 Points: 25,448, Level: 96
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I feel your pain, got the mod position, but cant do anything yet.

M3R Moderator - PM me with any questions.

PARTS FOR SALE! ~~~>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<~~~

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 PM
BSUBigMac
Points: 14,297, Level: 77 Points: 14,297, Level: 77 Points: 14,297, Level: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
there are about 2340234 things I want to sticky and move around, but it has been approx. 5 days since being made a mod and I still haven't been assigned to sections so I can't sticky/delete/move/lock any threads.....please feel free to PM the administration about this since none of the new mods can do anything about it yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunston View Post
I feel your pain, got the mod position, but cant do anything yet.
It sucks that you guys have no authority yet, but with the infrequency of the Administrator in here it doesn't surprise me.

I can't help but think of Nelson from the Simpsons

HA HA.

Sorry!!!

Never settle for mediocrity!

2010 4-Door Graphite Mica Mazda 3i Touring

Mods: 20% tint, Xenon Expert aluminum pedals, zoom-zoom decal, CorkSport SRI, 55w 4300k DDM Tuning HIDs, CorkSport LED Lighting Kit, V-LEDs 5k LED Trunk Light
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:23 AM
catchphrase
Points: 7,186, Level: 56 Points: 7,186, Level: 56 Points: 7,186, Level: 56

I just stickied it.

For now, guys, if all you want to say is "Thanks" or +1, please click "Thanks" on the post. If you have other information to contribute or questions feel free to post that as a reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to catchphrase For This Useful Post:
pepperdro (04-30-2010)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 AM
ingram1225
Points: 6,204, Level: 51 Points: 6,204, Level: 51 Points: 6,204, Level: 51

Can we get a like button?

I get the picture.... posting too many replies on this site and you get mocked at with a spammie. i'll use the other mazda forums for awhile. email me if you need something or have any questions as i guess im one of the few people that actually like to help.
[/I]

21MPH average speed
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:50 AM
catchphrase

This isn't Facebook or Tumblr. Thanks is sufficient for now as the semantics are negligible. If you find a post useful, interesting, or funny, you can thank it. It also makes it easier to find later on when you look for posts you've thanked.

Moderator -
- Trouble registering, click
-
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
ingram1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchphrase View Post
This isn't Facebook or Tumblr. Thanks is sufficient for now as the semantics are negligible. If you find a post useful, interesting, or funny, you can thank it. It also makes it easier to find later on when you look for posts you've thanked.
right but the other "thanks button" thread says only use it if the post was helpful, not if it was funny or interesting.

I get the picture.... posting too many replies on this site and you get mocked at with a spammie. i'll use the other mazda forums for awhile. email me if you need something or have any questions as i guess im one of the few people that actually like to help.
[/I]

21MPH average speed
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
catchphrase

The functionality supersedes the actual definition of the button "Thanks." This forum isn't a real life simulator. Technically, you can thank someone for whatever reason you have- I just listed a few. We're encouraging people to use it more in lieu of bumping a thread with posts of no value, like: "Thanks!" "That was funny!" "+1" "Verrry interesting!"

Moderator -
- Trouble registering, click
-
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
ingram1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
this. why the hell would we use the "thanks" button for a funny post? picture yourself hanging out with your friends and some cracks this hilaaaaarious joke. would you thank them for it? no.

i say stick to using the thanks button for helpful and informative posts. i see no point for a like button either though.
I didn't say use the thanks button for something funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchphrase View Post
The functionality supersedes the actual definition of the button "Thanks." This forum isn't a real life simulator. Technically, you can thank someone for whatever reason you have- I just listed a few. We're encouraging people to use it more in lieu of bumping a thread with posts of no value, like: "Thanks!" "That was funny!" "+1" "Verrry interesting!"
that conflicts with what the other thanks thread said

[/I]

21MPH average speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
button , sticky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode