What offset rims work best? - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Danthefan
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What offset rims work best?

So, I have recently bought a Mazda 3 2016 hatchback and I was wondering what offset for a new set of rims would work best for my car. I've been looking at 50mm offset rims (which seem to be very rare, online atleast). If anyone else with a new Mazda 3 hatchback has recently bough rims what offset size did you go with, and has that worked out well for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 03:01 PM
VoodooJef
Points: 3,318, Level: 35 Points: 3,318, Level: 35 Points: 3,318, Level: 35
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It will depend a lot on what width rim you`re using. A 7.5" rim with a 50mm offset will look pretty close to stock. A 9" wide rim at 50mm will most likely rub the shock/strut, but the same rim with a 40mm offset might look fantastic and fit well. I ran 18x8.5 with a 45mm offset on my `16 hatch and they fit without a single issue, even after I put coilovers on it and slammed it super low (just did that for a day as I`m not really into the lowrider thing). The smaller the offset, the more the edge of the wheel moves outward, and gets more concave (deep concave wheels are very much the "in" thing. I do think they look great, but they also need to fit properly). You could conceivably run an 8.5" wide wheel with a 40mm offset and a 235/40 tire and have zero issues with great fitment. 50mm wheels are going to tuck more into the wheel well, and you`ll need to consider rubbing on the suspension if you go too wide.

There is a stickied "official wheel and tire thread" in the wheels and tires forum. Tons of pictures on there, and most everyone has listed their wheels specs. You`ll also get to see different wheels with different degrees of lowering. If you don`t lower the car you could pretty much run whatever you want, but the end result look may not be something you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
help and info , offset , rims , work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode