Auto.cz posted new photos of the 2010 Mazda 3 prototype we’ve seen driving around the U.S. over the past few months but this time they captured the new Mazda 3 with barely there camo that revealed more details on the upcoming compact.
First, you can see more of the bumper and fog light areas with sharply sculpted corners that pull back into newly flared wheel arches. The headlight assembly, wheel arches and new dual exhaust can be seen with pronounced detail in the picture below:
So what do we know about the 2010 Mazda 3 so far?
• The 2010 Mazda 3 will offer a six speed manual transmission.
• Select 2010 Mazda 3 models may offer an MP3 hard drive option.
• The 2010 Mazda 3’s interior will borrow heavily from the 2009 Mazda6’s interior.
• There are a few more in-car features controllable via steering wheel controls.
• The base engine in the Mazda 3 i models is expected to be either the current 2.0L or the s-line’s 2.3L while the s-line is expected to receive the 2.5L 4-cylinder from the 2009 Mazda 6.
• Mazda has integrated turn signals into the corners of the mirrors on the 2010 Mazda 3 (s GT?).
• Select 2010 Mazda 3 models will have a dual exhaust set up.
• Potential for keyless entry (leave the key in your pocket and walk up to the door to open it) and push button start/stop.
Renderings Closest to the 2010 Mazda 3 Prototype
The following renderings closely match what the 2010 Mazda 3 will look like and might give you a better idea of what to expect come the L.A. Auto Show in November:
Image Source: Autoblog
Image Source: AutoExpress.co.uk